2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, djdavejohnson said:

Apologies but this thread is fast moving, what's the info that The Cure are definitely nailed on for a headliner slot? Is this as certain as we all thought Paul McCartney was until today's news? 

Neil has had several solid lots of info to say they're headlining, and before he got that info someone on here's son met their bassist's daughter at Reading and she said they're headlining Glastonbury.

Also we didn't all think Macca was fully nailed on. That tweet about him pulling out was discussed for ages on here and whilst most people ended up not believing it, we were all still aware there was a possibility it was true, so the announcement today didn't come as much of a surprise tbh.

The Cure definitely seemed more likely than Macca ever since that tweet in November.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Neil has had several solid lots of info to say they're headlining, and before he got that info someone on here's son met their bassist's daughter at Reading and she said they're headlining Glastonbury.

Also we didn't all think Macca was fully nailed on. That tweet about him pulling out was discussed for ages on here and whilst most people ended up not believing it, we were all still aware there was a possibility it was true, so the announcement today didn't come as much of a surprise tbh.

The Cure definitely seemed more likely than Macca ever since that tweet in November.

Okies dokes, thanks, so The Cure seem like a given then.

I did see the Paul McCartney dabate and I guess like others I just dismissed the notion of him pulling out.

It's slightly gutting news for me personally - Stormzy and The Cure aren't really my bag, and whilst I wouldn't classify myself as a huge Paul McCartney / Beatles fan per se, it would have been nice to put a tick next to an 'icon' act. Plus a Hey Jude closer would have been pretty epic. 

8 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Who was the chap who said it's Stormzy, The Strokes and The Cure on here? Do we have anymore info around where that came from?

It was me! Haven’t heard anything else about it, but the fact that I was told it before The Strokes even had any European shows makes it all the more believable...

Just now, LiamMcMillen said:

It was me! Haven’t heard anything else about it, but the fact that I was told it before The Strokes even had any European shows makes it all the more believable...

It certainly does and I really hope you're right. Feel free to do a bit more digging with said source :D

Two blokes to headline you say? Liam and Noel headlining on the Saturday nailed on.?

If it does end up being Stormzy, the strokes and the cure it would look more like other stage headliners rather pyramid imo. In fact any two of them acts would be okay headliners if you had someone of the stature of Macca playing with them but surely not all three together (even though I'll probably see two of them).

36 minutes ago, Glastocat said:

Two blokes to headline you say? Liam and Noel headlining on the Saturday nailed on.?

If it does end up being Stormzy, the strokes and the cure it would look more like other stage headliners rather pyramid imo. In fact any two of them acts would be okay headliners if you had someone of the stature of Macca playing with them but surely not all three together (even though I'll probably see two of them).

It's crazy because it would be the 1st time I can think of that I could miss all 3 Pyramid headliners, The Strokes I don't see though, especially if they are headlining Latitude...that's not going to happen.

53 minutes ago, Glastocat said:

Honestly, considering that a trio of Other headliners (despite Other headliners never coming close to that) just goes to show how good Glastonbury has had it over the past decade. They’ve had legendary stadium-filling artists drop in for a similar fee to what London Grammar got (or didn’t get :(for Bestival, and the biggest stars in pop play mainly for the love of the place - proper star alignment stuff - and now it’s disappointing that Glastonbury is just getting acts who would headline any old festival? Hell naw.

• Upvote 1

Is The Strokes headlining that unlikely? Certainly there have been weirder headliners in the past (Skunk Anansie and Rod Stewart to name but two). Might just be that they thought they had Macca lined up and went that went awry, and perhaps Ga Ga was contacted but to no avail, the Strokes were available and thus booked.