2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, thrillhouse188 said:

Maybe I'm just a miserable hipster, but Ed/Foos are as vanilla as they come! At least Stormzy and The Cure are a bit out there, Strokes are a tough one to work out but I like them and enjoyed them at Reading 2012, so would see again if nothing else was on

Ed/Foos are both boring you aren't wrong. There haven't be too many amazing headliners in recent years I don't think. There have been good ones but nothing like Muse 2004

• Upvote 1

Would it be that weak though or is it more a case of not liking the act? Because there's a big difference..

I love The Strokes, like The Cure. Stormzy isn't my bag but I get why it's a strong booking

Plenty of acts have been and gone I have no time for; Arcade Fire, Adele, Metallica, Ed Sheeren, Muse to name a few but I understand why some, if not all, are strong bookings. I think it's quite easy to label headline acts weak

I'm genuinely quite taken back by the rep of The Strokes on here, it has been an eye opener

• Upvote 1

Just now, Glastocat said:

I agree, very good year imo.

If what people are saying about this year is true it could be mistaking for the other stage line up rather than the Pyramid stage.

Although, I'll happily see the strokes as I've never seen them before and I'll more than likely see the cure for the same reason.

I would be more likely to catch the strokes as they have a handful of good songs... the cure insult my ears... :D

1 minute ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Didn't everyone agree they're too small to headline? Although IF it's a last minute cover booking I could see it given they're around with the new album coming

They have subbed. So natural progression is heading the other stage or the pyramid. I love them personally so im more than happy they headline the other

Just now, Xeph1995 said:

Ed/Foos are both boring you aren't wrong. There haven't be too many amazing headliners in recent years I don't think. There have been good ones but nothing like Muse 2004

Yeah, when I first started looking at rumours I was getting a bit agitated that nothing was for me, then had a look at old line ups and I think since 2014 there would be 2 headliners I'd have got out of my way to see (Arcade Fire and Kanye West), I guess there are multiple stages for a reason

1 minute ago, Havors said:

They have subbed. So natural progression is heading the other stage or the pyramid. I love them personally so im more than happy they headline the other

Idk if I see them as Pyramid headliners yet personally, and I'm a huge fan! Would love them to pop up, although I'll undoubtedly see them on tour anyway so maybe it doesn't matter 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's because they've done nothing of note for over a decade, and really they've been riding one album for 18 years now.

That said, The Stone Roses have managed similar.

Opinions again though

I absolutely love their 2nd and 3rd records. Angles is pretty good as well, not so much the last one

Certainly don't ride on that one album for me