2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I was clearly asking where they got the name from! ?

I have a theory Bob's Mob (Thanks for the nickname Dental) foresaw the meltdown and predicted the Strokes are the Cure for Macca not playing and so decided to call the band The Cure. 

11 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

They wanted to do a festival they had affinity with as they attended as children and see how they do before the leap of headlining debatably the biggest festival in the world.

Plus we don't know if the offer from Glasto was as headliners. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to book them as subs, even if the band were unlikely to accept it.

7 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I always thought Fleetwood Mac would make sense, given they're 'too expensive', surely Stormzy is comparatively cheap for headliner which helps make up for it?

Given that Glasto pay small fees anyway I imagine Stormzy will be getting the standard fee. Can't see them being like "Well we only pay 250k to our usual headliners, and whilst that's below your usual fee, because you're not as big as the other ones you're only getting half of that".

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I just don't see a trio of Stormzy, Stokes and Cure. All three of them are capable of headlining, but in the same year? Not for me Clive.

I think they'll look for someone with a little more "wow" factor.

Let's hope so. I'd love a big old pyramid headliner to look forward to on just one night. 

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Given that Glasto pay small fees anyway I imagine Stormzy will be getting the standard fee. Can't see them being like "Well we only pay 250k to our usual headliners, and whilst that's below your usual fee, because you're not as big as the other ones you're only getting half of that".

Thought the rumour floated he is doing it for free?

Everyone has been arguing about whether both Gallagher brothers will be subbing the Pyramid. Can't believe no one has but 2 and 2 together and realised that a reformed Oasis are replacing Macca.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Everyone has been arguing about whether both Gallagher brothers will be subbing the Pyramid. Can't believe no one has but 2 and 2 together and realised that a reformed Oasis are replacing Macca.

If they did, better be better than last time.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Imagine.... the internet would break and most of the other stages would be be empty when they played... health and safety wouldnt allow it ha 

Just now, Havors said:

Dont let the door hit you on the way out! :D

Maybe I'm just a miserable hipster, but Ed/Foos are as vanilla as they come! At least Stormzy and The Cure are a bit out there, Strokes are a tough one to work out but I like them and enjoyed them at Reading 2012, so would see again if nothing else was on

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

2 of my favourite bands and one of my fave rappers... second to none headliners for me in 2008... 

I agree, very good year imo.

If what people are saying about this year is true it could be mistaking for the other stage line up rather than the Pyramid stage.

Although, I'll happily see the strokes as I've never seen them before and I'll more than likely see the cure for the same reason.