2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Oh I know who they are and what they are... I know they put on their own festival and play the entire thing. 

I more so think its madness that Bonnaroo is essentially giving them 3 headline slots. That's really going all in on 1 band. It would make more sense to me if they had 1 headline and then just played the entire day at their own stage. If you didnt like Phish I cant see you wanting to go with that lineup. 

They played 3 sets at Roo back in '09 and 2 sets in '13. They're one of the largest touring acts in America. Also, having been to Bonnaroo eight times, the way that they do their headliner sets is interesting because they're all unopposed. During the headliner no other stages have music on them. It allows the whole festival to gather at the main stage and take in an act, whether they're fans or not, because there's nothing else going on.

imagine there was a festival where one of the two main songwriters/singers of a mega band like The Beatles was playing, and then you had a Bootleg cover band that usually turns up on that farm (and who once bravely went up against the Rolling Stones' pyramid set) also playing... and then you had 2 brothers of a mega-band - that thought themselves as big as the Beatles, or 'the new beatles; and who ripped off a few of their chords, choruses, and haircuts in getting big - each playing their own sets, and you've topped the Phish x 3 setup at B'roo

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, gearbm95 said:

They played 3 sets at Roo back in '09 and 2 sets in '13. They're one of the largest touring acts in America. Also, having been to Bonnaroo eight times, the way that they do their headliner sets is interesting because they're all unopposed. During the headliner no other stages have music on them. It allows the whole festival to gather at the main stage and take in an act, whether they're fans or not, because there's nothing else going on.

"allows"

4 hours ago, tevaburger said:

imagine there was a festival where one of the two main songwriters/singers of a mega band like The Beatles was playing, and then you had a Bootleg cover band that usually turns up on that farm (and who once bravely went up against the Rolling Stones' pyramid set) also playing... and then you had 2 brothers of a mega-band - that thought themselves as big as the Beatles, or 'the new beatles; and who ripped off a few of their chords, choruses, and haircuts in getting big - each playing their own sets, and you've topped the Phish x 3 setup at B'roo

Britain's ongoing obsession with the Galaghers is bigger than this though, it's a strong argument that as a nation we're not fit to exist any longer.

Bill Curbishley has just announced on Radio 6 that The Who have got an album coming in 2019, alongside "plans to do stuff in the UK". I know they headlined 4 years ago, but is there potential that they may have been brought in as a replacement again if rumours that Macca has dropped out are true? And if not does anyone have any ideas to what these plans may relate to? Didn't sound like a tour as such, but perhaps just a few dates.

1 minute ago, ParkRanger14 said:

Bill Curbishley has just announced on Radio 6 that The Who have got an album coming in 2019, alongside "plans to do stuff in the UK". I know they headlined 4 years ago, but is there potential that they may have been brought in as a replacement again if rumours that Macca has dropped out are true? And if not does anyone have any ideas to what these plans may relate to? Didn't sound like a tour as such, but perhaps just a few dates.

No chance whatsoever. It was bad enough getting them back in 15 to play again. There’s be a full blown riot if they turned up again.

21 minutes ago, ParkRanger14 said:

Where else could they play? All I can think of is TRNSMT, BST and IOW. Unless they do their own shows at normal venues.

That 50th anniversary of Woodstock event is happening, so I bet they'll be at that

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Where else could they play? All I can think of is TRNSMT, BST and IOW. Unless they do their own shows at normal venues.

That 50th anniversary of Woodstock event is happening, so I bet they'll be at that

Nah apparently Daltrey has ruled out Woodstock himself! 

Edited by ParkRanger14

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Although, wouldn't it be kinda weird if 3 of the headliners for it are repeats?

For BST?

Not weird in the slightest. Given that they only sell day tickets, it's a glorified concert series rather than a festival. In much the same way that nobody thought it strange when the Rolling Stones did it twice in the same year.

29 minutes ago, incident said:

For BST?

Not weird in the slightest. Given that they only sell day tickets, it's a glorified concert series rather than a festival. In much the same way that nobody thought it strange when the Rolling Stones did it twice in the same year.

BST’s Phish.

The Who were rumoured to be playing BST by BSR before we had an inkling they were touring, so I imagine that’s on the money.

Edited by dentalplan