2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Is he still rumoured for that? Remember reading something on here a while back but heard nothing since

Think so, seems odd that he'd leave a two week gap in his US tour just to come back to play Glasto. If he's popping abck he might as well do a night in Hyde Park too.

If he's announced for BST it's as good as a confirmation for Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think so, seems odd that he'd leave a two week gap in his US tour just to come back to play Glasto. If he's popping abck he might as well do a night in Hyde Park too.

If he's announced for BST it's as good as a confirmation for Glastonbury.

Yeah true. Do we know when BST are announcing or is it guess work?

22 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Do we know when BST are announcing or is it guess work?

the event's PR firm sent out a newsletter this morning that talked about more festies than just BST, but said (for festivals) "expect announcements to be coming thick and fast at the end of January and into February".

As BST is the biggest they handle then that's likely to be referencing BST.

Bonnaroo doesn't really interest me this year (lineup came out this morning) so my excitement for Glasto just increased even more.. Which I didn't think was possible 

Gambino still looking like a likely cross over?

Edited by dave0h

1 hour ago, dave0h said:

Bonnaroo doesn't really interest me this year (lineup came out this morning) so my excitement for Glasto just increased even more.. Which I didn't think was possible 

Gambino still looking like a likely cross over?

Gambino only subbing Bonnaroo...surprised by that gives a sub at Glastonbury a bit more scope but I just reckon he'll be picked up exclusive for Wireless. 

51 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Gambino only subbing Bonnaroo...surprised by that gives a sub at Glastonbury a bit more scope but I just reckon he'll be picked up exclusive for Wireless. 

He'll play after it gets dark during traditional headliner time, and phish will close the stage but won't start till after 11PM

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think hes headlining.... the way they laid out the poster I think its gambino post malone the lumineers? No way its phish post malone phish?

13 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I think hes headlining.... the way they laid out the poster I think its gambino post malone the lumineers? No way its phish post malone phish?

I don't think that makes it any better phish are still playing 3 sets on two different days and Lumineers is an utterly awful headliner, I did like then when they came out but my god they aren't that level.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

The Americans said the same about Kasabian.

Well to be honest in America they were correct, the difference here is that The Lumineers played lower down lineups in both places and are now suddenly a headliner over there, Kasabian did actually get to headliner level at a major festival here a long time ago.

In fairness as well, indie rock if you like has never really been seen as that big in America. I'm sure they also referred to Biffy Clyro for a while as a shit Foo Fighters until they eventually were still playing that far down over there that it wasn't worth them doing it and there is almost no chance bar Coachella I'd say they been seen as an option to book and Coachella wouldn't try now I doubt.

The Lumineers headlined Okechobee 2 yrs ago. They subbed a bunch of fests in north America the year before also (osheaga, bottlerock) . 

They're releasing a new album this year... I dont find it surprising at all that they're headlining bonnaroo, a fest that has phish playing 3 sets. 

Also indie rock is alive and well in north America... just because one specific very Scottish rock band doesn't do well I don't think that speaks to all of America?

7 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

The Lumineers headlined Okechobee 2 yrs ago. They subbed a bunch of fests in north America the year before also (osheaga, bottlerock) . 

They're releasing a new album this year... I dont find it surprising at all that they're headlining bonnaroo, a fest that has phish playing 3 sets. 

Also indie rock is alive and well in north America... just because one specific very Scottish rock band doesn't do well I don't think that speaks to all of America?

Well, bloody hell!

I don't think it really matters about the Scottish band, look at the American Festivals this year, indie rock isn't that resent, it's dying in the UK so I'd expect America to be shot.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Well to be honest in America they were correct, the difference here is that The Lumineers played lower down lineups in both places and are now suddenly a headliner over there, Kasabian did actually get to headliner level at a major festival here a long time ago.

In fairness as well, indie rock if you like has never really been seen as that big in America. I'm sure they also referred to Biffy Clyro for a while as a shit Foo Fighters until they eventually were still playing that far down over there that it wasn't worth them doing it and there is almost no chance bar Coachella I'd say they been seen as an option to book and Coachella wouldn't try now I doubt.

Lumineers are much bigger over there than over here. I’m going to take the word of our resident Canuck* on this.

*Really hope that word isn’t offensive to Canadians, don’t think it is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Is there a source for this? Can't find anything! 

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Lumineers are much bigger over there than over here. I’m going to take the word of our resident Canuck* on this.

*Really hope that word isn’t offensive to Canadians, don’t think it is.

The only thing people call us that offends us is "American" ?

5 hours ago, FatAmmy said:

I repeat: The Lumineers are not headlining Bonnaroo

Phish is playing "Late Night" on the main stage on friday, and doing a normal headlining show (2 sets) Sunday

The lumineers will have wrapped up their set by 7:30PM

I was going off the fact that the stages go late... last year on the Saturday Bon Iver did 2 DJ sets... one at 10pm and one at 12am, with Eminem headlining from 11-12. I thought it would be a similar set up seeing as Phish's DJ sets are the Sunday. That's just how it looks to me

14 minutes ago, Endors Toi said:

Is there a source for this? Can't find anything! 

They released a single in Dec, and they were apparently working on a new album during the Cleo tour. I read something somewhere but no idea where.