2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

FWIW Noel's last album is far superior to any of his solo efforts and any Oasis album post The Masterplan.

Tom York could shit into a light bulb and it would be far superior to any of Noel's solo efforts and any Oasis album post The Masterplan.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

FWIW Noel's last album is far superior to any of his solo efforts and any Oasis album post The Masterplan.

Certainly correct on his solo stuff, not sure re Oasis.

People are just ignorant with Noel, latest album just written off because it's Noel Gallagher without actually listening to it. As a big fan it was the solo album I've wanted since Oasis split, hopefully he'll go on from here to make another like that

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Tom York could shit into a light bulb and it would be far superior to any of Noel's solo efforts and any Oasis album post The Masterplan.

Well you've certainly nailed your colours to the mast with that emphatic comparison. 

I've heard quite a bit of NG on the radio this year, he seems to be enjoying what he's doing and his audience too. He certainly got a very positive reception on the Downs in Bristol a couple of months ago and I could hear that from the other stage ?

Edited by clarkete

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

62ade42a-557c-4b8c-9b3e-07644957523a_tex

I'll admit is wasn't written in the best form. The main point is though if his material was enjoyed by enough people, he would sell more and would not be playing venues he does that aren't selling out. I personally thought his 1st solo album was decent and now Liam to be fair probably does everything people wanted from Noel including being the original voice.

@mufcok saye people are just ignorant because it's Noel, they weren't ignorant on his 1st solo album when he was selling out arenas in no time at all and getting subheadline slots and album sales over double in the UK alone of THBC completely. 

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I'll admit is wasn't written in the best form. The main point is though if his material was enjoyed by enough people, he would sell more and would not be playing venues he does that aren't selling out. I personally thought his 1st solo album was decent and now Liam to be fair probably does everything people wanted from Noel including being the original voice.

@mufcok saye people are just ignorant because it's Noel, they weren't ignorant on his 1st solo album when he was selling out arenas in no time at all and getting subheadline slots and album sales over double in the UK alone of THBC completely. 

He still sells out arenas.. see last UK tour and the gigs he's announced for this coming summer are far from small. Festivals granted he seems to have been playing the smaller gigs; Kendal Calling springs to mind. 

The ignorant comment was not meant in relation to gigs, more people writing his music off without actually listening to it. It becomes very obvious very quickly when people are talking about his latest record, as to who has actually listened to it/given it a chance and who hasn't.

• Upvote 2

Nobody listens to the Oasis albums or solo albums they slag off. Just get lazy replies of they’re just ripping off Beatles/Slade/whoever else. 

Noel’s last solo record was really good. Bit weird in parts (for him) so alienated part of his core fan base, was by Noel so alienated everyone else who wasn’t already a fan.

I certainly listened to a lot of shite that year that people had told me was good, the kinds of people who’d never listen to Oasis before slagging their records off.

20 minutes ago, mufcok said:

He still sells out arenas.. see last UK tour and the gigs he's announced for this coming summer are far from small. Festivals granted he seems to have been playing the smaller gigs; Kendal Calling springs to mind. 

The ignorant comment was not meant in relation to gigs, more people writing his music off without actually listening to it. It becomes very obvious very quickly when people are talking about his latest record, as to who has actually listened to it/given it a chance and who hasn't.

His last gigs were Bingley Live, Nocturne in London which didn't sell out, I was tempted to get a ticket about two days before it, and Tramlines etc. I don't believe his tour arena tour sold all that well tbh.

It probably does, but if people aren't buying into it for whatever reason he'll go nowhere with it. 

43 minutes ago, mufcok said:

To be fair I'm judging the Arena sales on the Manchester one I went to so probably not a fair reflection, that's always gonna sell well

Where we upto with him and Glastonbury, subbing or Friday opener?

Haha tbf I nearly replied saying well MEN would sell out, Richard Ashcroft sold out that instantly lol.

I think we're still the same place, it's either HC or him for opener I'd guess or him subbing off of his name although I think he could play 3rd down. I guess it depends how heavy the struggling for booking acts for the Pyramid claim is.