2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

11 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

I'm sorry but this bit finished me off:

According to TMZ, Kanye did not want to perform on the festival’s traditional 40×60 foot stage because it was “artistically limiting.” A source close to Kanye told TMZ, “These 40×60 stages are so archaic. It’s the same type of stage on which Shakespeare’s works were performed hundreds of years ago.”

Just imagine what Shakespeare could have done with a bigger stage.

• Upvote 1

I was following inforoo (the American efestivals kinda). Apparently their correspondent from Consequence of Sound confirmed this.

theyve done well with damage control but it serves them right for either not signing or deciding to sign Kanye at... this current time in his life

1 hour ago, gearbm95 said:

Over on Inforoo (US version of eFests) they're saying that Arctic Monkeys have pulled out of their US tour dates for June (MSG and Bonnaroo). Could they be pulling out in anticipation of playing some Euro shows along with Glasto?

The cheer of Yule is truly over.  Tis an icy chill that January brings.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

Over on Inforoo (US version of eFests) they're saying that Arctic Monkeys have pulled out of their US tour dates for June (MSG and Bonnaroo). Could they be pulling out in anticipation of playing some Euro shows along with Glasto?

I think it's probably more likely that they are scrapping all plans to tour this album beyond the South American tour ending in April.

1 hour ago, Diamond24 said:

I think it's probably more likely that they are scrapping all plans to tour this album beyond the South American tour ending in April.

Really? what makes you say that? Are they not having a good time? They look bored on stage to me, but they've looked bored on stage since 2011

13 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Lol im surprised they even tried to book Kanye considering he's totally lost his marbles. He could have had to pay out a lot of money there!

Would have been interesting to see the reception after him pledging to perform with his “mutherf—ing hat on“ :D 

3 hours ago, dave0h said:

Man oh man do you ever have awful opinions

Lol, the hate for that post was extreme!, if I thought it would touch that much of a never I'd have gone in heavier. It's not like it's not an option that the rest of the world not on here share...they aren't sacking it off with this for no reason.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Personally I like TBHC, but I recall saying just after it dropped that the reaction to it would force them to rush back to the studio and fart out another AM just to keep the moaners happy.

And that says everything about what a general view is away from the few hundred that like it on here. You are entitled to your view and that's fine but it's far from a view against many that they fucked it up.

7 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

TBHAC is a great record and Gaz your view on it, if anything, just reinforces that. 

A friend of mine is the most out there music fan with change and I mean he'll embrace a change of sound from almost anyone he likes, he even grew to not mind newer Paramore of seeing it, and his view of this record tells me everything I need to know about my view....your view well I'm not it's stacks up at all let's be fair.

Liking new Paramore is a great frame of reference for judging someone's music taste to be fair.

I liked TBHC, wish they'd gone weirder with it though. I liked the bold step outwards, they could have played a bit more when they were out there though. Hope they change direction again without going backwards next time.

25 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

And that says everything about what a general view is away from the few hundred that like it on here. You are entitled to your view and that's fine but it's far from a view against many that they fucked it up.

How exactly do you know that more people don’t like it than do? Have you taken a census of Arctic Monkeys fans? There are a lot of people out there who don’t like it, I’ll happily admit that. But there are also many out there who do.

As with anything in life people who don’t like something tend to be more vocal than those who do.