2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

I recall Q Magazine ran with Arcade Fire, Kasabian, hopefully Prince and then Metallica playing the Other Stage in December 2013. I don't know where Neil's rumours were at at that point. For Metallica it made some sense really because you had Lars Ulrich saying every year that he wanted Michael Eavis to phone him, so it seems like they should've been way more willing to drop down a stage to do that as opposed to the other two.

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I recall Q Magazine ran with Arcade Fire, Kasabian, hopefully Prince and then Metallica playing the Other Stage in December 2013.

I'd forgotten about that, it was tucked away in just a few lines, nothing big made of it.

As it was in Q Mag you can be pretty sure that info came directly from the Farm.

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't know where Neil's rumours were at at that point.

not as good as the info in Q at the time I saw Q, now i'm reminded.

Tho that was the year I told everyone to put money on Kasabian, and i'm pretty sure I'd said that before that info was in Q - because I heard firstly that Kasabian had been signed to play before Prince if they could get him and to headline if they couldn't, and that they'd already been told (at the time I said to bet) that they'd be headlining as Prince had been moved to Saturday.

(someone somewhere had a bit of a bit mouth about all that :P ; I'm very confident that what I heard about Kasabian was on the money, so much so I put money on it and told you lot to too!).

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, EamerRed said:

Not to p*ss on the Gaga hype but didn't Emily say relatively recently that all of the headliners are blokes? I seem to remember her using that term specifically.

I thought she said she'd signed on 'a couple of blokes' to headline and this was prior to Stormzy's announcement, suggesting him plus Macca. Unless she's come out with something else since then that tends to support the potential of Gaga instead of The Cure, rather than go against it.

As someone still firmly clutching their Gaga straws, today is a key day. The residency starts tonight and during the summer there have been whispers that she'd drop her 6th album to coincide with the start of this residency. 

If an album is announced then I'll be shoving my metaphorical chips on a 'European tour and Glasto appearance in June-July-August' bet, probably to be announced in Jan/Feb 2019 once the early (and almost certainly) positive reviews from the residency come in.

No album and then i think the slim hopes become slimmer. At best I think it's a one off Glasto appearance as she 'beings her Enigma Vegas show to the Pyramid Stage'. 

On 12/28/2018 at 9:11 AM, Keithy said:

As someone still firmly clutching their Gaga straws, today is a key day. The residency starts tonight and during the summer there have been whispers that she'd drop her 6th album to coincide with the start of this residency. 

If an album is announced then I'll be shoving my metaphorical chips on a 'European tour and Glasto appearance in June-July-August' bet, probably to be announced in Jan/Feb 2019 once the early (and almost certainly) positive reviews from the residency come in.

No album and then i think the slim hopes become slimmer. At best I think it's a one off Glasto appearance as she 'beings her Enigma Vegas show to the Pyramid Stage'. 

Im. Really hoping its Gaga on Sat night now, McCartney on Sunday then I can go see Wu Tang on Sat and not miss Macca. That would do me. 

This looks better...

Shake Dog Shake

A Night Like This

The Walk

Push

In Between Days

Sinking

Pictures of You

High

Lovesong

Just Like Heaven

Primary

Want

The Hungry Ghost

From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea

One Hundred Years

Give Me It

Encore

A Forest

Encore 2:

Burn

Encore 3:

Lullaby

Friday I'm in Love

Boys Don't Cry

Close to Me

Why Can't I Be You?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

On 12/24/2018 at 8:59 AM, jparx said:

I don't think it's beyond reach to think Metallica would have played the Other. They're huge, but Glastonbury is clearly not their target audience so they would probably have seen it as something a bit different and a chance to reach a different audience. Makes sense from their POV. 

I'll believe The Cure playing that slot when I see it though.

I'm not sure Metallica would have reached much of a different audience if the had played against Prince.

Whilst personally I wouldn't entertain the idea of watching Prince instead of Metallica, the vast majoity of neutrals would choose a world famous star with songs they recognise, making a rare appearance over checking out a metal band for the first time.

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

This looks better...

Shake Dog Shake

A Night Like This

The Walk

Push

In Between Days

Sinking

Pictures of You

High

Lovesong

Just Like Heaven