2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Gaga vs The Cure wold be the mother of all clashes. It's giving me anxiety.

Nightmare i don't have a problem seeing gaga but much sooner see the cure . But would go to gaga for my wife as she'll see loads of others that she has no interest in ......gives me chance to drag her along to chemical brothers 

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Headliner time is looking crowded if every rumour and reasonable speculation comes off. Ideally I'd like to see Hot Chip, Macca, Orbital, The Cure, Chems, Jon Hopkins and Stormzy. Unless they're doing a seven day festival, I'm not going to see all of those. I can't see any of them not headlining a stage. 

Have we ever had a year with so many apparent clashes before Christmas?

You, sir, have impeccable taste. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Tbf given a lot of headliners would be doing it for about 250k, Stomrzy is nowhere close to being that big. I get why he's been chosen but he's not big enough really, he's playing events that subs comfortably are doing.

Personally I see The Streets subbing and Paulo Nutini headlining instead. Of course should The Cure on Other or happen then I guess Streets can somehow play top again...crazy mind.

I'd be interested to know the album sales/streaming figures post-Glastonbury, including the TV coverage effect. Maybe they dwarf the actual fee itself? Speculate to accumulate? Get that Pyramid slot right and it's definitely a catapult to the next level  

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'd be interested to know the album sales/streaming figures post-Glastonbury, including the TV coverage effect. Maybe they dwarf the actual fee itself? Speculate to accumulate? Get that Pyramid slot right and it's definitely a catapult to the next level  

Can’t recall the last time an act got bigger after headlining Glastonbury. Beyoncé maybe?

10 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

No idea as to whether the female is playing opposite The Cure, also heard that Stormzy is practically playing for free, have no reason to think the info is incorrect as it’s someone in the biz, but also unsure how/why they would have the info this early in the year. 

I swear someone on here said he demanded 100,000 for labour live? 

3 hours ago, morph100 said:

Gaga - hinted herself, played before 

swift - close friends have played, English boyfriend, played radio one big weekend 

madonna - ruled out by emily

grande - possibly? 

anyone else in the running if this is true?

Cher ? Keeping the dream alive

Also P!nk, the dates fit.

5 hours ago, morph100 said:

Gaga - hinted herself, played before 

swift - close friends have played, English boyfriend, played radio one big weekend 

madonna - ruled out by emily

grande - possibly? 

anyone else in the running if this is true?

Aside from the ones already mentioned by others,

Flo, although Boardmasters might have some form of South West exclusivity, and even if they don't they probably wouldn't be best pleased with their marquee act playing a couple counties over.

Beyonce, although there's no sign of her being active next year.

Kate Bush, although let's be honest that's never ever going to happen.

1 hour ago, TheNoise said:

Also P!nk, the dates fit.

The only night she'd be free would be the Friday, which is already accounted for.

tbh I've never really got on board with The Cure headlining the Pyramid (though appreciate it came from Neil). Never quite felt right to me and if the Other rumour is correct then that seems a better fit. 

Hopefully the Gaga dream is back alive. Vegas residency starts in a few days and there's been rumours of her 6th album being released on the eve of the first date. The residency taking a break 2 weeks before Glastonbury.... It's probably a coincidence but...but... but..

The Cure headlining Other can’t be a thing surely? Either they’re topping the Pyramid or not there at all - I’m sure Rob + co would rather just continue in their Glastonbury absence/topping every festival they play at rather than play second fiddle to Gaga/whoever. 

Interesting that a female headliner is being brought back in to the mix, but if it turns out to be true then I can’t see The Cure also being there and so the info kind of falls apart altogether.

I just think the cure playing the second stage at any festival is a no go for many reasons. They wouldn't devalue their own 'brand ' like that IMO

Only other thing I think of is if they do a similar thing to what they did with to get Roger waters and rod Stewart. Even then I'm dubious.