2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

45 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Have heard from a source that The Cure are headlining the Other Stage and they have a female headliner on the pyramid. 

Pleaseeeeeee be true...I just can't see The Cure headlining anything other than Pyramid after playing main stages at every other fest in 2019.

30 minutes ago, henry bear said:

They’re doing Southside the same day as the Foos, so won’t be main headliners there.

That does seem like an unusual arrangement. I wonder if they are seen as joint headliners or perhaps, The Cure are headlining one day and the Foos the other. I wonder if both bands will do 2 hour slots with a weak undercard. The Cure's logo has been shoved up the top as if they are headliners on the poster...

Either way, I'll be astounded if they do the Other Stage at Glastonbury.

No idea as to whether the female is playing opposite The Cure, also heard that Stormzy is practically playing for free, have no reason to think the info is incorrect as it’s someone in the biz, but also unsure how/why they would have the info this early in the year. 

Edited by Matt - Ed Banger Records

I think it's great that as soon as we settle on three headliners, along comes some information that casts some doubt and we all cling to new hope. I've had a feeling for months that either one of Macca or The Cure isn't happening.

With this new speculation I'm holding out for:

Friday:

Pyramid - Stormzy

Other - Chemical Brothers

Saturday

Pyramid - Paul McCartney

Other - The Streets

Sunday

Pyramid - Lady Gaga

Other - The Cure

Probably highly unlikely but it's Christmas and I've been a very good boy this year.

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
Cos I forgot The Cure!

46 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think it's great that as soon as we settle on three headliners, along comes some information that casts some doubt and we all cling to new hope. I've had a feeling for months that either one of Macca or The Cure isn't happening.

Friday:

Pyramid - Stormzy

Saturday

Pyramid - Paul McCartney

Other - The Streets

Sunday

Pyramid - Lady Gaga

Other - The Cure

Probably highly unlikely but it's Christmas and I've been a very good boy this year.

Headliner time is looking crowded if every rumour and reasonable speculation comes off. Ideally I'd like to see Hot Chip, Macca, Orbital, The Cure, Chems, Jon Hopkins and Stormzy. Unless they're doing a seven day festival, I'm not going to see all of those. I can't see any of them not headlining a stage. 

Have we ever had a year with so many apparent clashes before Christmas?

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Headliner time is looking crowded if every rumour and reasonable speculation comes off. Ideally I'd like to see Hot Chip, Macca, Orbital, The Cure, Chems, Jon Hopkins and Stormzy. Unless they're doing a seven day festival, I'm not going to see all of those. I can't see any of them not headlining a stage. 

Have we ever had a year with so many apparent clashes before Christmas?

In addition to Stormzy, each one of those other names you've listed is totally realistic, to be fair! Out of interest, which three would you choose, clashes permitting? 

Funnily enough, I've never thought of choosing a headliner in those terms before. I suppose if you take the four main stages alone, how are we even meant to choose 3 acts out of 12 every festival?! ?

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

In addition to Stormzy, each one of those other names you've listed is totally realistic, to be fair! Out of interest, which three would you choose, clashes permitting? 

Funnily enough, I've never thought of choosing a headliner in those terms before. I suppose if you take the four main stages alone, how are we even meant to choose 3 acts out of 12 every festival?! ?

I've no idea! I never seem to actually enjoy Jon Hopkins live, so I might drop him? But I feel like I've always been doing it wrong, so there's unfinished business there. Hot Chip are an immaculate live act, but I've already seen them a couple of times...

Fuck knows.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've no idea! I never seem to actually enjoy Jon Hopkins live, so I might drop him? But I feel like I've always been doing it wrong, so there's unfinished business there. Hot Chip are an immaculate live act, but I've already seen them a couple of times...

Fuck knows.

I once did a festival by letting a set of dice decide what I drank, where I went and which acts I saw. That was fun, letting fate decide. 

12 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Have heard from a source that The Cure are headlining the Other Stage and they have a female headliner on the pyramid. 

I love this bolt out of the blue rumour. Thanks Matt! Even if it doesn’t end up being true, I’m 100% believing in Gaga until proven otherwise. Whoop! Happy Christmas to me! 

46 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hot Chip are an immaculate live act, but I've already seen them a couple of times...

I've seen them 7 times and there's still very little that could stand in the way of me watching them again. A good time is a good time, and Hot Chip deliver one that very few others can match.

@Gucci Piggy is going to be so cross when he comes in here and finds people actually entertaining the idea of The Cure headlining Other. 

8 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

No idea as to whether the female is playing opposite The Cure, also heard that Stormzy is practically playing for free, have no reason to think the info is incorrect as it’s someone in the biz, but also unsure how/why they would have the info this early in the year. 

Tbf given a lot of headliners would be doing it for about 250k, Stomrzy is nowhere close to being that big. I get why he's been chosen but he's not big enough really, he's playing events that subs comfortably are doing.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Friday:

Pyramid - Stormzy

Saturday

Pyramid - Paul McCartney

Other - The Streets

Sunday

Pyramid - Lady Gaga

Other - The Cure

Personally I see The Streets subbing and Paulo Nutini headlining instead. Of course should The Cure on Other or happen then I guess Streets can somehow play top again...crazy mind.

Edited by thewayiam