2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I dunno. Poppy pop acts, if allowed to play, often play lower than other kinds of acts. Look at Katy Perry playing 3rd down when The National were 2nd.

Tend to agree but just like with the Take That argument if you like them or (probably) not, be in no doubt they would draw an enormous crowd. 

Edited by Chef

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Beady Eye were announced last minute and had already released a couple of albums to a collective shrug. The Oasis hype train has built significantly since then and I guarantee thousands upon thousands would turn up just for the DLBIA singalong (and Little By Little of course). Everyone has heard of NG and if his brother is also on site that day it'll only ramp up interest further.

Liam did dangerous numbers last year with Katy Perry up against him, what would Noel get with an African Orchestra on the Pyramid as his only competition?

But no one thinks Noel Gallagher is going to be announced in that slot if he's playing it. It'd be a secret set, like Beady Eye was.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The Cribs, The Charlatans, James, etc. filled the field. Noel’s a considerably larger draw than any of those.

No they didn't. I turned up towards the end of The Charlatans to get food before The Cribs and it was nowhere near full. I watched Tbe Cribs from near the front so no idea if they filled the field but I doubt it. James I watched from the back after the Syrian Orchestra and, whilst there were people back there, the crowd was thinly spread and could have easily fit into a much smaller space.

2 hours ago, Bradders said:

Liam was so packed there were people trampling our tents in Oxlyers, and that clashed with Katy Perry. Noel with next to nothing clashing would be madness. Besides, he’s playing in 2020.

That's weird because I turned up from the Pyramid (entered from the left of the Other field) when Liam Gallagher had already started and easily walked in pretty close. I'm not saying you're lying, just saying it's weird there were so many people back there when it was easy to get into the middle of the crowd.

16 minutes ago, Chef said:

Tend to agree but just like with the Take That argument if you like them or (probably) not, be in no doubt they would draw an enormous crowd. 

Precisely, it’s as daft as the “Adele in the sunset slot” suggestions.

The Spice Girls would be the biggest story of the weekend, they’d most likely draw the biggest crowd of the weekend, they would headline.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

But no one thinks Noel Gallagher is going to be announced in that slot if he's playing it. It'd be a secret set, like Beady Eye was.

Does such a thing really exist anymore? Didn't stop them closing off the Killers in 2017 because of dangerously high numbers. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Spice Girls would be the biggest story of the weekend, they’d most likely draw the biggest crowd of the weekend, they would headline.

Sad, but true. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't see it. Adele is pop but has some credibility, as does Ed Sheeran, for example. But Spice Girls are heavily manufactured. I think there would be major reservations booking them at all, but if they did, they would be a consciously tongue in cheek cheesy act, not taking up a headline spot.

5 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I don't see it. Adele is pop but has some credibility, as does Ed Sheeran, for example. But Spice Girls are heavily manufactured. I think there would be major reservations booking them at all, but if they did, they would be a consciously tongue in cheek cheesy act, not taking up a headline spot.

Whether they are manufactured or not is irrelevant, they are a massive multi-stadium selling act. That stadium tour will be the biggest tour of the year in the media. Given all the hype around it and media interest they’ll probably be the biggest touring act of 2019...

... but no, Glastonbury would have them third down the Pyramid.

(All moot as they’ll never be booked anyway)

36 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

No they didn't. I turned up towards the end of The Charlatans to get food before The Cribs and it was nowhere near full. I watched Tbe Cribs from near the front so no idea if they filled the field but I doubt it. James I watched from the back after the Syrian Orchestra and, whilst there were people back there, the crowd was thinly spread and could have easily fit into a much smaller space.

That's weird because I turned up from the Pyramid (entered from the left of the Other field) when Liam Gallagher had already started and easily walked in pretty close. I'm not saying you're lying, just saying it's weird there were so many people back there when it was easy to get into the middle of the crowd.

We went to watch Toots and The Maytals instead but it was pretty heavy on that side at the Glade end as we were heading away. 

Toots didn't end up playing so we head back and it was rammed to bits and took us about 20-30 mins to walk round the back and find a spot to stand and catch the last song and a bit. 

45 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They all looked pretty packed from the path but I guess many just stand at the back. Still, any of those acts during the day would have been quiet as hell so even if they were thinly spread to the back it speaks volumes.

Noel would hardly be a secret set at this point and it would be mobbed with people thinking the Oasis banner is gonna come down.

Anyway, he’s been announced for a gig on Sunday so he’s obviously not spending a weekend on the lash as he joked about. So jist drap it.

9 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think it's because the album is called "Chris"? But yeah, still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Especially as all the posters use the APE design and fonts rather than the band's. 

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

For this album she's adopted a male persona: Chris.

Seems to me an easy way to make the point while still avoiding confusion as to who's actually performing.

Ta!

That interview with Emily is here...

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/post/sa.2d8fe680-f952-11e8-bbc6-629abad77ac3?.app=music&ign-itsct=be1_con_mat&ign-itscg=30302