2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

For those saying Macca will be announced it's worth noting that according to the thingy we've never had two headliners announced this side of Christmas. Plus if Macca has a BST date to announce then that would surely come first.

My money is on Kylie.

Nobody needs to worry about him selling out Hyde Park. That’ll be easy, if he is playing at all. The Stones announced two shows at BST after the Glasto gig was announced and they weren’t hindered - probably helped if anything.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Nobody needs to worry about him selling out Hyde Park. That’ll be easy, if he is playing at all. The Stones announced two shows at BST after the Glasto gig was announced and they weren’t hindered - probably helped if anything.

True, but BST need to announce whoever else they've got pretty damn sharpish if they plan to sell tickets before Christmas, they're selling Robbie and Florence tickets this week I believe which means realistically they've got next week to announce and put on sale. Seems an unnecessary cramp to announce BST then say "oh I'm doing Glastonburger too!" immediately afterwards.

Then again as you say, he might not even be doing BST and this whole point might be moot.

I'm sticking with Kylie.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

True, but BST need to announce whoever else they've got pretty damn sharpish if they plan to sell tickets before Christmas, they're selling Robbie and Florence tickets this week I believe which means realistically they've got next week to announce and put on sale. Seems an unnecessary cramp to announce BST then say "oh I'm doing Glastonburger too!" immediately afterwards.

Then again as you say, he might not even be doing BST and this whole point might be moot.

I'm sticking with Kylie.

Kylie has a bunch of shows on sale at the moment though, doesn’t she?

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

Beady Eye didn't... Don't underestimate the power of the pre-morning beer hangover to dull enthusiasm.

That was Beady Eye though, and also before everyone took their smartphones to the fest.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why would you take a Gallagher at face value?

all i'm taking at face value there is Noel refusing to indulge Liam's want of a spat.

What he said about opening i'm not taking at face value - but at the same time I don't think it's impossible, either. If they are both playing, I'm guessing their placings will have to be carefully considered.

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

Beady Eye didn't... Don't underestimate the power of the pre-morning beer hangover to dull enthusiasm.

Beady Eye were announced last minute and had already released a couple of albums to a collective shrug. The Oasis hype train has built significantly since then and I guarantee thousands upon thousands would turn up just for the DLBIA singalong (and Little By Little of course). Everyone has heard of NG and if his brother is also on site that day it'll only ramp up interest further.

Liam did dangerous numbers last year with Katy Perry up against him, what would Noel get with an African Orchestra on the Pyramid as his only competition?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

She does, but they've been out long enough that people who really want to go will be aware and have bought a ticket. A Glasto announcement might even give her a little extra push.

I'd say that's not how it tends to work. If there's tickets elsewhere to be sold, the promoters of those shows will want as little competition over sales as they can get.

Glasto won't be pushing for an early announcement, and I reckon Kylie's been around long enough to know that promoters expect the artist to be supportive of the shows they've been booked for rather than undermine them.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

The Cribs, The Charlatans, James, etc. filled the field. Noel’s a considerably larger draw than any of those.

Dude they didn't, I was there for the last two and while there were people all over the field, it was nowhere near full. I walked virtually in a straight line to about 20m from the front for both.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Cribs, The Charlatans, James, etc. filled the field. Noel’s a considerably larger draw than any of those.

if the fest thought there would be an issue, they'd balance things with decent competition on other stages.

It could be done, whether they'd do it is another thing.

Edited by eFestivals

2 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

I generally find listening to radio shows where (a) the DJ is younger than me (b) they refer to new releases as “drops” and (C) refer to listeners as “you guys” hard enough at the best of times - this programme ticks all the fucking boxes and more.

Emily better announce The Beatles as Friday night West Holts headliners with Mozart as the Other Stage opener to make all of this worthwhile.

*insert Old Man Yells at Cloud gif*

What annoys me the enthusiasm the the youth has, when will they learn . life is shit and you die.. there is only room for happiness once a year at Glastonbury. apart from that it's Hell on earth

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They won't.

I'm willing to bet a pint of cider (or equivalently priced beverage of choice) with the first three punters who reply that Noel Gallagher will not open the Other stage next year.

Would that be Noel effectively agreeing he's a fading or second division star accepting that slot?