2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

46 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Why does Christine and The Queens have everything apart from Chris scrubbed out on these posters? 

I know that sounds like an opening line from a joke but it's not, I'm just interested.

For this album she's adopted a male persona: Chris.

Seems to me an easy way to make the point while still avoiding confusion as to who's actually performing.

58 minutes ago, jparx said:

LDR and Christine yes. Robyn could do it, but it would be a better show headlining a different stage. I'm still going for Liam, Christine and LDR in that order.

I've got LDR down for third Pyramid in my predictions. Robyn for JP.

Not sure where Christine will place - Other headliner perhaps as an alternative to The Cure?

Edited by Hugh Jass

13 minutes ago, Riggins said:

Apologies if this had already been mentioned - I checked back a couple of pages, but Emily will be on Matt Wilkinson's Beast1 show this morning to 'preview the 2019 Glastonbury Festival'. 

Haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere.  Any ideas of times?

45 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Agree would be a bit of a leap with them, although not that much difference in terms of size to 2016 when Foals, Beck and Tame Impala all subbed. 

Can’t see Other having many female artists headliners! 

Beck, really?

He did have a few platinum albums and a handful of grammys.

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I've got LDR down for third Pyramid in my predictions. Robyn for JP.

Not sure where Christine will place - Other headliner perhaps as an alternative to The Cure?

Robyn for JP sounds good.

Who do you have as subs then instead? 

Edited by jparx

I generally find listening to radio shows where (a) the DJ is younger than me (b) they refer to new releases as “drops” and (C) refer to listeners as “you guys” hard enough at the best of times - this programme ticks all the fucking boxes and more.

Emily better announce The Beatles as Friday night West Holts headliners with Mozart as the Other Stage opener to make all of this worthwhile.

*insert Old Man Yells at Cloud gif*

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, jparx said:

Robyn for JP sounds good.

Who do you have as subs then instead? 

Both Gallaghers (just going on Neil's info) and either Gambino or Vampire Weekend.

I agree that having both Gallaghers subbing is daft but I just don't see where else they'll play.

Edited by Hugh Jass

16 minutes ago, Riggins said:

Aye, I find him a bit tedious sometimes, Zane Lowe-lite and his interviewing style can be really cringe inducing but I have heard a few new bands from his show, which makes it worth it I suppose.

Balance it out by listening to Shaun Keaveny and coming back to dreadful reality with a bump.