2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Also just seen someone on twitter jjust point this out, the URL to NME's article on the longitude lineup mentions Gambino too:

www.nme.com/news/music/childish-gambino-aap-rocky-lead-first-names-longitude-festival-2019-2416856/amp

Either an accident on their part or it looks like the Gambino dream might be happening?

Edited by Mattymooz

10 hours ago, Phil200147 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7908682/glasto-appearance-spice-girls/

Anyone seen this? Scary spice saying they are in talks to headline ... allegedly

It says “Mel B finally confirmed they are in talks with bosses Michael and Emily Eavis to headline the festival” but the only relevant quotes are:

Scary Spice said: “Glastonbury. It’s been talked about. But we’re so pop and it’s so cool — that’ll be funny to me.

I think Mel C would really appreciate us doing that — she’s the cool one. She’s the cool indie chick.”

Doesn’t sound like any actual talks with the fest to me, just if’s and maybe (the  “that’ll be” is contradicted by the “would” in the next sentence). Apparently it’s on Jessie Ware’s podcast, if anyone can be bothered to give that a listen.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

8 hours ago, Phil200147 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7908682/glasto-appearance-spice-girls/

Anyone seen this? Scary spice saying they are in talks to headline ... allegedly

I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want.

Something else please Emily.

Perhaps they can headline the year that Take That and Westlife do?

37 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Take That don't even come close to the awful spice girls , least Barlow has an ounce of credibility in his back catalogue.

Sure it's just another act really wanting to play and using the media to ask Emily and Michael

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

But........ but......... but they're different from Coldplay and Muse, so they must be good, right ?

34 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Take That don't even come close to the awful spice girls , least Barlow has an ounce of credibility in his back catalogue.

Sure it's just another act really wanting to play and using the media to ask Emily and Michael

Why would they need to ? I could be wrong - and frequently am - but I always assumed they would be crap live so why would they want to be at a televised festival taking less money than their stadium gigs ?

4 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

It says “Mel B finally confirmed they are in talks with bosses Michael and Emily Eavis to headline the festival” but the only relevant quotes are:

Scary Spice said: “Glastonbury. It’s been talked about. But we’re so pop and it’s so cool — that’ll be funny to me.

I think Mel C would really appreciate us doing that — she’s the cool one. She’s the cool indie chick.”

Doesn’t sound like any actual talks with the fest to me, just if’s and maybe (the  “that’ll be” is contradicted but the “would” in the next sentence). Apparently it’s on Jessie Ware’s podcast, if anyone can be bothered to give that a listen.

Looks like Skint Spice is just trying to drum up some interest. Nothing to see here...

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Why does Christine and The Queens have everything apart from Chris scrubbed out on these posters? 

I know that sounds like an opening line from a joke but it's not, I'm just interested.

I think it's because the album is called "Chris"? But yeah, still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Especially as all the posters use the APE design and fonts rather than the band's. 

8 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Does anyone think Emily will follow Primavera Sound with more prominent female artists?

LDR, Christine & the Queens and Robyn could all be good pyramid subs! 

Christine yes, the other 2 subbing Pyramid? Nah don't think so personally. It's all well and good promoting and giving more female acts a go but they have to be good enough also. Not to say Robyn and Larna arent good, they are. Just not that good in my opinion. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

Christine yes, the other 2 subbing Pyramid? Nah don't think so personally. It's all well and good promoting and giving more female acts a go but they have to be good enough also. Not to say Robyn and Larna arent good, they are. Just not that good in my opinion. 

Agree would be a bit of a leap with them, although not that much difference in terms of size to 2016 when Foals, Beck and Tame Impala all subbed. 

Can’t see Other having many female artists headliners! 

5 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Agree would be a bit of a leap with them, although not that much difference in terms of size to 2016 when Foals, Beck and Tame Impala all subbed. 

Can’t see Other having many female artists headliners! 

Massive difference in them 3 to the 3 you mentioned I think from personal taste.... but I suppose success wise or spotify listeners wise they are along the same levels so I could understand them subbing. I just wouldn't want them to haha! Foals and Tame Impala are frigging awesome I think... both should be headlining Other stage at least next time they play.