2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was at that Elbow set, which is something I had completely forgotten about until now.

I left after about 15 minutes when I was bored, got some food and a pint and then scaled the north face of Park to catch Girl Ray in Crows Nest. Back again for Lemon Twigs at quarter past midnight. Was a good friday evening in TCN

On the subject of completely forgotten about things, I forgot I'd stood watching some spectacular vomiting from The Moonlandingz on Saturday afternoon on Park, all whilst he had his head wrapped in clingfilm bar a small hole for singing (and vomiting).

I was transfixed.

Tool 2019 European Tour

June 2 - Berlin, Germany @ Mercedes-Benz Arena
June 4 - Prague, Czech Republic @ O2 Arena
June 5 - Vienna, Austria @ Wiener Stadhalle
June 7 - Nurburg, Germany @ Rock AM Ring
June 9 - Nuermberg, Germany @ Rock IM Park
June 11 - Krakow, Poland @ Tauron Arena (‘Impact Festival‘)
June 13 - Florence, Italy @ Firenze Rocks Festival
June 16 - Donington, U.K. @ Download Festival
June 18 - Amsterdam, Netherlands @ Ziggo Dome
June 20 - Copenhagen, Denmark @ Copenhell Festival
June 25 - Zurich, Switzerland @ Hallenstadion
June 30 - Madrid, Spain @ Download Festival
July 2 - Lisbon, Portugal @ Altice Arena

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Best non headline set...

Pulp - The Park 2011 - without question

Oh now that's a shout.

I'll always remember desperately needing a piss for the first half and then sprinting to the urinals, preceding to empty the tank with a massive fucking grin on my face as they played Like a Friend (for the first time ever I think?). It had been a feature of our Uni playlists at the time and was just one of those brilliant Glasto moments. 

None of my mates came to watch them so it was a solo trip, but that just made it all the more memorable. Stood at a urinal in a field at the best festival in the world, watching a secret set from an act as massive as Pulp.

Anyway, I've conjugated on this further and have decided that perhaps Elbow weren't better than Ryan Adams but I was very dunk at the latter and can't remember all of it.

As for The Killers, I'm not really a fan, like a few songs, went to see what it was like and absolutely loved it. Set of the weekend. 

Also, Chic? Shite more like. 

12 minutes ago, DJL said:

Yeah i’d put Hot Chip 2015 and LCD 2016 up there but Chic 2013 and Pulp 2011 above them. 

I like(d) the Killers but have absolutely no regrets choosing Chic and Barry Gibb over them - was a great afternoon.

I wanted to watch Killers but got there too late and they'd stopped people going into the JP area. Saw NR & Chic and it was superb!