2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I mean, it was good, really good, but best in 10 years? Nah.

Anti-flag at Leftfied, The Hold Steady on The Other, Killers at John Peel, Elbow at The Park. All better.

Elbow? ELBOW??? You make some decent suggestions (I didn't see those) but then you ruin it all with that! Nope. ?

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Battles, Park, 2008 just about qualifies and beats everything ever.

That was pretty ace wasn't it. If I remember correctly wasn't it really rammed for the new big things that year, MGMT. Then as they finished the Park started to thin out for the mighty Battles arrival

...Elbow at the Queens Head was also something special that year

+1 for LCD Soundsystem. 

You know it was a good set when, after waiting for Radiohead to triumphantly return to the Pyramid, the LCD set was still better. I also think battling with that dreadful mud all weekend helped the show. People were so up for it and determined to make it a great crowd.

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Where you at either?

No, I consciously missed both because they're bad bands, which is why on the balance of probability I can confidently assume they probably weren't two of the best sets of the last ten years. I've seen footage of The Killers' set and, whilst it looked like a good atmosphere and a fun time, it's still a naff band playing naff songs, which is why I watched Chic instead. Elbow, I've seen a couple of times before and have no idea how they could possibly put on one of the best sets of the last ten years unless they were somehow a million times better than the times I saw them. As CalGon said, too, I've never even heard anyone mention that set until last night.

Anyway, it's just my opinion and wasn't meant to be too serious a reply.

Having been at the LCD Soundsystem set I can safely agree with that one. And having watched Portishead on TV in 2013 that's clearly up there as well.

40 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

No, I consciously missed both because they're bad bands, which is why on the balance of probability I can confidently assume they probably weren't two of the best sets of the last ten years. I've seen footage of The Killers' set and, whilst it looked like a good atmosphere and a fun time, it's still a naff band playing naff songs

Can’t argue with this. I was there, great spot, fantastic atmosphere, good to see a stadium band in a tent etc, but ultimately was The Killers playing Killers songs, which has never done much for me.

16 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Can’t argue with this. I was there, great spot, fantastic atmosphere, good to see a stadium band in a tent etc, but ultimately was The Killers playing Killers songs, which has never done much for me.

Yep I echo this. I’m sure being a Killers fan in that tent was an incredible experience, but I’m not, so for me it wasn’t, and I wish I’d done Gibb/Chic instead, but ah well.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was at that Elbow set, which is something I had completely forgotten about until now.

It was a forgettable trudge of material by Elbow including that one about a window, played in the fashion of Elbow by an assortment of members of Elbow presumavly featuring that one with the beard.  Only someone who didnt like Elbow could even remember it even happening, from an Elbow point of view.