2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

When someone leaves, don't all their thread go too? @eFestivals?

I thought that and searched for his account and it's still there, though.

Edit: Unless his account has just been blocked or something and that's caused his threads to disappear.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

1 hour ago, internetjef said:

when kasabian subbed the Boss weren’t they pitched as ‘his special guests’ or something like that?

as special guests they were not not Bruce's....this has been mentioned so many times on here and as I've always said i doubt Bruce or anyone in his band had ever heard of Kasabian before that day...

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Reckon Weezer being announced for the Friday at Wertcher basically rules them out unfortunately

Screenshot_20181123-201511_Chrome.jpg

Think somebody pointed out that they often do three dates in a row so they're still in the running. Would be pretty shite if they didn't play with that London date so perfectly lined up.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They wouldn't have been headlining anyway mate.

Ya but with the non-headliner thread going walkabout i didnt know where else to put it :P

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think somebody pointed out that they often do three dates in a row so they're still in the running. Would be pretty shite if they didn't play with that London date so perfectly lined up.

Just assumed they'd be playing 3rd on Pyramid and they wouldn't be doing the pop slot on Sunday.

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You'd think, if they were playing Glasto, they wouldn't schedule that Brixton gig so tightly though. Literally got all week afterwards to do it. 

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Why hang around? Might as well smash it out over a weekend.

Well because they'd have a festival the next week so would be hanging around anyway? Seems illogical to force yourself into playing three days in a row when you don't have to. 

Just seen they're in Germany in the week, anyway. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I did....and I'd agree with him...I don't think it's as safe as it was mind. If they hadn't put the Saturday in place meaning than an easy pop down the road a couple of hours the next day is easily doable then I'd say no

38 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Ya but with the non-headliner thread going walkabout i didnt know where else to put it :P

Just assumed they'd be playing 3rd on Pyramid and they wouldn't be doing the pop slot on Sunday.

They wouldn't be playing the 3rd Pyramid slot Sunday whichever way...they aren't someone a Sunday local crowd are going to go whoop!

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I assumed they wouldn't be playing the Pyramid at all. Third down on Other, or at a push, sub.

I thought they might but firmly on Beach Boys/Brian Wilson for the 3rd down I'd guess Friday. I reckon they'll get Other sub purely due to they may not get this moment again for a long time and it would be them taking a non paying slot over Reading say, and gives them that extra bit of time after playing the previous night. If say 2000 Trees had them then 3rd down Other.

46 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Well because they'd have a festival the next week so would be hanging around anyway? Seems illogical to force yourself into playing three days in a row when you don't have to. 

Just seen they're in Germany in the week, anyway. 

They have a German date, day off then Netherlands date. I've seen on their tour They they have a few 3 in a row set of dates and not all in the same place then a day off and sometimes two together so the thinking is that Glastonbury is on until they announce something else Sunday and they've got gaps inbetween the following two to compensate. It's going to be a rush on from Weezer to get to Macca on Pyramid unless they do 3rd Other or Other headliner is the very rarity that LCD was getting a longer set and that's not too likely.

9 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Was looking for that this morning, it was started by that absolute twerp Battleborn so was thinking maybe he removed it after his so called attention-seeking retirement from efests a week or so back. 

Oh was there a flounce? 

Off to see Christine and the Queens in Manchester on Wednesday. Can't wait. Followed by Young Fathers on Sunday. This is gonna be a good week. 

10 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

The only reason anyone was predicting them for the Pyramid was because of there being a rock band third down on the Friday for the last few years. If they're not in that slot they're not likely to be on Pyramid - they're certainly not a typical Pyramid act.

Also there's no such thing as the "pop slot" on Sunday. The last few years that slot has been Chic, Ellie Goulding, alt-J, Ed Sheeran, Vampire Weekend. No different a range of acts to any other Pyramid slot.

But yeah, if they're there I'd say Other sub, but I don't think they will be.