2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Whether he headlines or not, all this talk of my arch nemesis Paul McCartney headlining has allowed me the time and incentive to go back through my half listened to Beatles albums (bought some 20 years ago and dismissed!) and appreciate them a lot more- never got through 'the White album' in it's entirety before, but now find it very enjoyable. Also hadn't really paid attention to this song before:

It's an efestival's thread success story!

Also newly like this one now too:

Edited by Mr.Tease

19 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Whether he headlines or not, all this talk of my arch nemesis Paul McCartney headlining has allowed me the time and incentive to go back through my half listened to Beatles albums (bought some 20 years ago and dismissed!) and appreciate them a lot more- never got through 'the White album' in it's entirety before, but now find it very enjoyable. Also hadn't really paid attention to this song before:

Only Macca didn't write it, Lennon did and it was credited to Lennon and McCartney.

19 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

He didn't write that one either, it was an old Lennon song and Macca added one chorus, again it was jointly credited.

I'll probably see him, hubby would like to, and in his defence he's probably the best Beatles songwriter still alive and probably the best Beatles singer still alive. That last bit was a guess, I haven't heard Ringo sing since yellow submarine.

5 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

Only Macca didn't write it, Lennon did and it was credited to Lennon and McCartney.

He didn't write that one either, it was an old Lennon song and Macca added one chorus, again it was jointly credited.

I'll probably see him, hubby would like to, and in his defence he's the best Beatle.

FTFY

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

I'm not sure there's really such a thing as a Beatles "deep cut", but this is one of their more underappreciated songs:

Edit: I know that's a Lennon tune too. But John was better, wasn't he?

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Wonder if Bon Iver would agree to that slot? They seem to be chasing headline slots at the mo, but I'd argue subbing Macca is a bigger deal than headlining the Other, or indeed headlining most other festivals in the UK.

Stormzy > Liam

The Cure > LDR

Macca > Bon Iver

Image result for make it so

1 hour ago, TheNoise said:

I'll probably see him, hubby would like to, and in his defence he's probably the best Beatles songwriter still alive and probably the best Beatles singer still alive. That last bit was a guess, I haven't heard Ringo sing since yellow submarine.

I know they're mainly Lennon songs, I said in an earlier post that I prefer Lennon's songs, and it inspired me to check that's still the case--it is indeed! but I discovered some more Lennon songs that had passed me by

14 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Thought as much. Just still seeing his name get mentioned a lot and it's the hope that kills ya. 

Coachella should be the first to announce him, very early January. There won’t be long to wait after that to find out if he’s doing more shows. If he’s not retiring after Coachella then I think he’s not only fair game, but there being rumours despite this retirement talk would make me think he’s pretty likely.