2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

26 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Jetlag needn't be a problem, he can just carry on living as though he's in the same time zone and he'll be on stage at Glasto at what should be like 3pm in Phoenix.

Also - travelling from southwestern USA - you're not gonna overcome jet lag in three days or four days. That shit will take a week.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They aren't 74

Doesn't matter, it's still some feat like them or not. I work at an airport and, as it happens, met U2 when they got off the plane from Baltimore. They'd flown here as soon as the show had finished and they looked completely knackered. Just over 24 hours later they'd be onstage at Glastonbury, and soon after that back on their 767 to continue their US tour. Macca obviously won't be doing that (if he is doing Glastonbury) but he'll still have jet lag to contend with, unlike The Cure.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Doesn't matter, it's still some feat like them or not. I work at an airport and, as it happens, met U2 when they got off the plane from Baltimore. They'd flown here as soon as the show had finished and they looked completely knackered. Just over 24 hours later they'd be onstage at Glastonbury, and soon after that back on their 767 to continue their US tour. Macca obviously won't be doing that (if he is doing Glastonbury) but he'll still have jet lag to contend with, unlike The Cure.

Remember though that U2 only happened due to cancellation the previous year. The band can't not have any future plans because of other things happening.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Remember though that U2 only happened due to cancellation the previous year. The band can't not have any future plans because of other things happening.

Not denying this. Someone asked if any act had played in the US closer to the proposed G date than Macca, and that’s my answer 

11 hours ago, StupidDream said:

Neil haven't had any confirmation on this Macca pull out.

got a mail back overnight from someone - someone who has *never* sent me wrong info over many years. He doesn't send much my way, but sends stuff every year, works somewhere in the music biz and while I've no idea how/where he gets his info he's very obviously well-placed.

He says he's heard nothing.

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

got a mail back overnight from someone - someone who has *never* sent me wrong info over many years. He doesn't send much my way, but sends stuff every year, works somewhere in the music biz and while I've no idea how/where he gets his info he's very obviously well-placed.

source.gif

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Was that someone who previously told you Macca was headlining?

Thanks for sharing Neil!

45 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Meaning it's still Macca?

11 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The other person who posted in here saying they'd heard the same thing. And also someone on here who'd PM'd me stuff they've heard but doesn't want to post it publicly (I'm not gonna say who because obviously they don't want it posting everywhere).

That's two people in different places who've heard Macca has dropped out (one of them being in a band so obviously having some music industry connections, even if she hasn't got correct info through them), a poster from this site with proven decent info who'd heard someone else was headlining Saturday night, and Neil hearing Arctic Monkeys were approached to headline two weeks ago.

It's hardly mental to think that there could be something to all of that.

Sorry but not buying all this at all mate

more evidence/ people etc leaning torwards him playing than him not

4 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Sorry but not buying all this at all mate

more evidence/ people etc leaning torwards him playing than him not

Fair enough, I'm not saying you should buy it, I'm just not discounting it personally. I'm probably 50/50 on it atm.

Fwiw I hope he isn't out. I don't really care myself but obviously a lot of people want him to be there, so I hope he is (unless his replacement is Kendrick).