2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Hmm so hard to tell whether Macca was in then out, or still in, or never in at all. I still think if The Cure are doing the Sunday, then the Saturday will have a massive headliner! But then I could be wrong and it could be banjo boys ;) 

Seriously though, would love to see a headliner announced who we haven't even considered!

6 minutes ago, ParkRanger14 said:

Hmm so hard to tell whether Macca was in then out, or still in, or never in at all. I still think if The Cure are doing the Sunday, then the Saturday will have a massive headliner! But then I could be wrong and it could be banjo boys ;) 

Seriously though, would love to see a headliner announced who we haven't even considered!

Is there actually anyone that has not been considered though?

If i had a gun to my head id say Macca will headline but I'm a lot less sure than this time last week. Before I was 95% sure. Now it's closer to 50%. Part of that is probably because I really want it to happen and I'm trying to lower my own expectations though.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

If i had a gun to my head id say Macca will headline but I'm a lot less sure than this time last week. Before I was 95% sure. Now it's closer to 50%. Part of that is probably because I really want it to happen and I'm trying to lower my own expectations though.

Was about to put forward the same numbers. Although it might have gone up to 60 or 70% today since Neil haven't had any confirmation on this Macca pull out. Still bit weird that also the BST announcement appeared to have been postponed (or that was just based on really old info). 

This is based on the Bonnaroo info being correct (which also may be false) but this is what I think is going on. 

Macca is over in the US and hes trying to cram in the dates... hes already done ACL and now supposedly hes doing Roo. I think they are trying to line things up with another fest... maybe outside lands or something that occurs after Glasto, and if he can grab a few mil hes going to postpone Glasto until next year, because hes not going to fly over to the UK just for one fest and then back to the US. 

But I'm just guessing. 

Basically I think he's still on the table for Glasto but is playing the field... I'm trying not to be too hopefully so I'm not devestated if hes not there. 

It's Stormz, The Cure and Macca.

if you don't believe that you are going by twitter girl, which is fine, but it's bs.

because

its

Stormz, The Cure and Macca.

this is like Radiohead/Adele all over again (and I do love it.)

but

its Stormz, The Cure and Macca. 

Someone would've heard something by now. 

Edited by Honeybane

2 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

It's Stormz, The Cure and Macca.

if you don't believe that you are going by twitter girl, which is fine, but it's bs.

because

its

Stormz, The Cure and Macca.

this is like Radiohead/Adele all over again (and I do love it.)

but

its Stormz, The Cure and Macca. 

Someone would've heard something by now. 

If people are correct then:

Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Weezer, Beach Boys
?

The Cure, LDR, Dua Lipa

The Chemical Brothers

Macca, ?, George Ezra, Kylie

The Streets

If Weezer take Other then Beach Boys up one but they are going to sub Other if they do, otherwise I reckon they would just do two other festivals that weekend for the money.

Just now, thewayiam said:

If people are correct then:

Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Weezer, Beach Boys
?

The Cure, LDR, Dua Lipa

The Chemical Brothers

Macca, ?, George Ezra, Kylie

The Streets

If Weezer take Other then Beach Boys up one but they are going to sub Other if they do, otherwise I reckon they would just do two other festivals that weekend for the money.

Streets Saturday mate I think

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

don't think that's ever happened.

The who? Or is that a cheeky exception 

(and don’t say that you considered the who because that’s cheating :P )

From what I can remember the who is the only headliner that has genuinely shocked me by coming out of nowhere

2 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Streets Saturday mate I think

Yeah I guess that's easy switch around. I only think that makes me wonder Weezer on main is that Beach Boys can only play Friday and 4 male acts straight would be quite a lot. I think if they offered Weezer Other sub...Weezer know they won't headline it but Other sub that works out about right. So:

Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Beach Boys

Wolf Alice, Jess Glynne

The Cure, Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa

The Streets, Weezer

Macca, LDR, George Ezra, Kylie

The Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The who? Or is that a cheeky exception 

(and don’t say that you considered the who because that’s cheating :P )

From what I can remember the who is the only headliner that has genuinely shocked me by coming out of nowhere

Didn’t Neil know about The Who back in March/April of that year and immediately discounted it? 

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah I guess that's easy switch around. I only think that makes me wonder Weezer on main is that Beach Boys can only play Friday and 4 male acts straight would be quite a lot. I think if they offered Weezer Other sub...Weezer know they won't headline it but Other sub that works out about right. So:

Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Beach Boys

Wolf Alice, Jess Glynne

The Cure, Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa

The Streets, Weezer

Macca, LDR, George Ezra, Kylie

The Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend

Noely G potential pyramid sub.

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but remember someone mentioning? 

6 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Noely G potential pyramid sub.

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but remember someone mentioning? 

I'm unsure about that but if he does then LDR back to Saturday I guess. He's been very specific about the Friday slot, he probably knows his size if gone now but I reckon before unless he was asked to headline it I think he spends too much time being drunk over it to play. Obviously one of those two would be the one and tbh I think LDR would be less of a Pyramid sub choice for the Sunday crowd we'll say than Noel.

Edited by thewayiam

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Has there been another headline act that’s been playing in the USA so close (26th June)  to the rumoured Glastonbury performance? I have serious doubts that’s realistic...

steptoe and sons 2013 June 20th. I looked at this earlier whilst bored at work 

Edited by Honeybane