2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

9 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I’m disappointed for you getting a downvote for this after your support of newbies earlier. Karma is having a day off it seems.

I upvoted for balance.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Now two people have upvoted him. I’m gonna have to give another downvote to level it out.

The great circle of life.

It's a clear sign Elton is playing :ninja:

31 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

you went to a festival and only saw 2 acts?

Last time I went to Leeds Fest was on a stag do and the lad whose stag it was, his brother and another lad who was with us would have done well to see two bands tbf. Considering there was only five of us it was a bit of a disaster. 

I met them on Thursday morning to drive down and those three were all smashing bongs and whizz. I even warned them not to go too heavy too early cause they'd fuck themselves over. 

Low and behold we drank the Thur night then they were coming down Friday so slept through the day, we went back for a drink and a snooze on the afternoon, me and my mate got up and they were all like, we'll meet you over there. Got back about midnight, camp was empty, my mate was saying they must still be over there and I said bet they've just slept through, as I said that one of my mates popped his head out of the tent and was all 'yep, slept through it.' 

Got up Saturday, we went over watched a few bands, again came back on the afternoon, passed a bottle of vodka and run round. This time dragged them with us and tbh the walk there was like watching that scene out of Fear and Loathing where they boff the ether and try and walk through the entrance. 

0pGS7Q.gif

Watched QOTSA and I left my other mate who was actually doing the festival with me to babysit. Just about made it through that then watched Palma Violets, think he got through about two songs and his brother had to walk him back to camp. 

Sunday was the same craic, slept all day while two of us hit the festival, they then came over, I lost them and sat and watched the last few bands on my todd. I walked back. To the campsite and they were all there, I. Asked itlf they seen the band and they were like, watched Jake Bugg and about five Arctic Monkeys songs then headed back.

So all in all I'd say one full set that he prob can't remember and three partial sets. Still though he did get fucked up enough to come up with the band name for the band we were in at the time so it was somewhat constructive. 

6 minutes ago, chatty said:

Last time I went to Leeds Fest was on a stag do and the lad whose stag it was, his brother and another lad who was with us would have done well to see two bands tbf. Considering there was only five of us it was a bit of a disaster. 

I met them on Thursday morning to drive down and those three were all smashing bongs and whizz. I even warned them not to go too heavy too early cause they'd fuck themselves over. 

Low and behold we drank the Thur night then they were coming down Friday so slept through the day, we went back for a drink and a snooze on the afternoon, me and my mate got up and they were all like, we'll meet you over there. Got back about midnight, camp was empty, my mate was saying they must still be over there and I said bet they've just slept through, as I said that one of my mates popped his head out of the tent and was all 'yep, slept through it.' 

Got up Saturday, we went over watched a few bands, again came back on the afternoon, passed a bottle of vodka and run round. This time dragged them with us and tbh the walk there was like watching that scene out of Fear and Loathing where they boff the ether and try and walk through the entrance. 

0pGS7Q.gif

Watched QOTSA and I left my other mate who was actually doing the festival with me to babysit. Just about made it through that then watched Palma Violets, think he got through about two songs and his brother had to walk him back to camp. 

Sunday was the same craic, slept all day while two of us hit the festival, they then came over, I lost them and sat and watched the last few bands on my todd. I walked back. To the campsite and they were all there, I. Asked itlf they seen the band and they were like, watched Jake Bugg and about five Arctic Monkeys songs then headed back.

So all in all I'd say one full set that he prob can't remember and three partial sets. Still though he did get fucked up enough to come up with the band name for the band we were in at the time so it was somewhat constructive. 

Did they enjoy themselves after all that? ?

33 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

House, Drum n Bass, Bassline and to a lesser extent Disco is what the majority of Reading + Leeds target demographic listens to nowadays.

DJ’s are shifting tickets like nobody’s business lately

Yet there is hardly any of it at RL. Except for a half assed dance stage. Those people go to RL then quickly discover creamfields and boomtown.

DJs will take over the world. people joke about justin bieber headlining glasto in many years to come. Realisicly it's gonna be EDM DJs.

Edited by Radi0Head

9 minutes ago, justperfect said:

And the band name was ????

Can't keep us hanging like that

Lava Frog, we had a camp fire and he was pointing to it saying, look at those Frogs crawling out the fire, they look like Lava Frogs and thus Lava Frog was born. 

They are still going, doing alright on the local scene tbf, got a better singer after I left but all the vids of them still seem to be me making a tit of myself hahaha

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Kay Tightneck, Cocker Boo, Peanut Whistle, Una Length, Dick Weerdly, Sal Commotion, Scott Chestnut, Basil Watchfair, Iqbal Achieve, Nan Slack, Giuseppe Race, even Heathcote Persuit! Every single one, all playing Reading and Leeds.

Gil! Scott! Heron!

• Upvote 7