2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

The Bonnaroo subreddit isn't buying this line-up. Do have to agree that having all of these booked for June does seem a bit early...

One comment does stand out at debunking the line-up. Apparently, the band Zoogma has split and performed their last show back in September so... Who knows what to believe. 

Yeah Yeah Yeahs!!!

6 hours ago, Glastocat said:

Agreed mate. You would think Kasabian were one hit wonders off the Britpop era reading a few of the posts on here.?

I understand that people want a more diverse set of headliners and for EE to not play it safe but Stormzy played the 2017 festival subbing the other stage. Would people think Emili Sande is a good headliner or Lorde? That's without releasing any new material in the time since. Yes I know Stormzy has a second album to come before the festival but know one knows what the reception to that will be like. Hopefully his second album is massive and this booking then looks like a masterstroke.

I believe that advance listens of a record are available to the industry well before the record is released, and bookings are made based on the reaction to that. For example, Let’s Eat Grandma were a tiny niche act, but booked Heaven - a significant London showcase for hottly tipped bands - before the second record was released. Surprise, it turned out to be a belter, and they stormed the gig. I suspect that the first hearings of Stormzy’s new stuff has persuaded the Eavii he is ready to step up.

22 minutes ago, JonnyG said:

I believe that advance listens of a record are available to the industry well before the record is released, and bookings are made based on the reaction to that. For example, Let’s Eat Grandma were a tiny niche act, but booked Heaven - a significant London showcase for hottly tipped bands - before the second record was released. Surprise, it turned out to be a belter, and they stormed the gig. I suspect that the first hearings of Stormzy’s new stuff has persuaded the Eavii he is ready to step up.

That maybe mate but that's just guesswork at the minute.

I just feel this is a year early for Stormzy.

6 minutes ago, Glastocat said:

That maybe mate but that's just guesswork at the minute.

I just feel this is a year early for Stormzy.

Ofc it’s guesswork in this case, but by “I believe” I mean “I’ve been reliably informed by friends in the industry”, so I’m pretty confident the general principle holds. ?. As to whether he can pull it off, that’s a matter of opinion - and will almost certainly remain so after the event. ?. My view is that he’s aware and smart enough to realise the potential weaknesses and work a set/guests to address them. He’s got a year to figure it out, and doesn’t (yet) appear to have a Kanye-sized ego convincing him he merely has to turn up and everyone will love him. If nothing else, he’s an interesting and challenging choice, and I value that over the annual safety-nets headlining V (or whatever it’s called now ?).

4 hours ago, Glastocat said:

Aye , you're right that it doesn't really matter and you really do understand that when you've been. Hard to really understand before, especially if you've attended other festivals that are built around the bands and one main stage. I don't do twitter or Facebook but I can imagine some of the ridiculous over reactions to the headliners from people who haven't been. Especially if you tell them Wednesday and Thursday are the best days and only a few bands actually play?.

Let's be honest here, it's what we have to talk about at the minute, so everyone is going to talk about it, and talk about and talk about and maybe post about it also.

Bring on Glasto!

Well said. 

He'll get some great exposure out of it too, let's hope he has a great night. 

21 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They're fucking shite mate 

eFests: proud sponsors of slapping down newcomers with opinions.

Seriously, what the hell has happened here? Even Russy observed the unwritten rules of going light on new posters and not calling people c**ts until they'd been a round a bit.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Seriously, what the hell has happened here? Even Russy observed the unwritten rules of going light on new posters and not calling people c**ts until they'd been a round a bit.

I called him mate, that's a term of endearment.

GOML, on the other hand, is out here telling him he has more fingers than braincells.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They're fucking shite mate 

Seem to have cracked making successful music that people like, regardless of what you say? I’m not contesting you don’t like them, and you’re more than entitled to your own opinion. But just respect that other people don’t share your opinion.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

we already have the right amount of vocal kasabian fans, which is zero