2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

19 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Nick Cave is a great shout but technically a band. Also he wouldn't say no, he's been proving himself worthy of that slot for years as a strong sub.

He lives in LA now, doesn't he? Could be a chance he wouldn't want to make the journey for one gig considering he toured the death out of Europe last year. Would love it though, Cave's deserved the headline slot since Push the Sky Away and *that* performance in 2013. 

So thinking of female solo artists;

Madonna - new album next yr, likely to have a tour waiting in the wings so dates might be a problem, expensive.

Kate Bush - Picky about what she does, but doesn't mean no.

Swift - apparently not a fan of festivals but I believe has done some, so maybe.

Kylie - bump up from legend slot and find replacement for that which could be easier to fill

Pink - too many days on the trot touring

Gaga - can't see why she would turn it down really. Available as far as we know.

Beyonce - done before so could be a reason for saying no. But will have been 8 yrs ago so a possible.

Dua Lipa - biggest selling female artist this year, a Glastonbury regular. Only one album and too big a step up. 

Cher - active again touring US. Finishes in time unless has European dates up her sleeve. 

Can't think of anyone else. Of course 50% chance of being female is meaningless really.

5 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

He lives in LA now, doesn't he? Could be a chance he wouldn't want to make the journey for one gig considering he toured the death out of Europe last year. Would love it though, Cave's deserved the headline slot since Push the Sky Away and *that* performance in 2013. 

Cave was wonderful at RW last year but can’t help the feeling Stormzy, The Cure and Nick Cave is a bit bold even for the Eavii

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I’m refusing to accept Macca’s out on the information presented so far.

Agree. Everyone seems much more willing to accept bad news rather than good. 

If a random girl on twitter posted that ‘Fleetwood mac/Daft Punk/insert act people want here’ were playing because her ‘industry bod’ mates said so, almost nobody would take it with anything other than a large punch of salt. 

I mean it might be true and she may be right, but believing her isn’t particularly logical at this stage. 

2 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

If a random girl on twitter posted that ‘Fleetwood mac/Daft Punk/insert act people want here’ were playing because her ‘industry bod’ mates said so, almost nobody would take it with anything other than a large punch of salt. 

I mean it might be true and she may be right, but believing her isn’t particularly logical at this stage. 

I think the interest in this change of circumstances is because there's nothing else to talk about in the headliners thread, seeing as we thought we had it all wrapped up.

18 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

So thinking of female solo artists;

Madonna - new album next yr, likely to have a tour waiting in the wings so dates might be a problem, expensive.

Kate Bush - Picky about what she does, but doesn't mean no.

Swift - apparently not a fan of festivals but I believe has done some, so maybe.

Kylie - bump up from legend slot and find replacement for that which could be easier to fill

Pink - too many days on the trot touring

Gaga - can't see why she would turn it down really. Available as far as we know.

Beyonce - done before so could be a reason for saying no. But will have been 8 yrs ago so a possible.

Dua Lipa - biggest selling female artist this year, a Glastonbury regular. Only one album and too big a step up. 

Cher - active again touring US. Finishes in time unless has European dates up her sleeve. 

Can't think of anyone else. Of course 50% chance of being female is meaningless really.

I suspect the 50% chance thing was a reference to the gender balance in the population.

3 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Didn’t Gnomi say though that she wasn’t any old random, but was in a band that’s played festivals. Doesn’t make her right of course, and I certainly hope she’s not, but she may have more of an insight than most of us

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

Didn’t Gnomi say though that she wasn’t any old random, but was in a band that’s played festivals. Doesn’t make her right of course, and I certainly hope she’s not, but she may have more of an insight than most of us

If she's the daughter of The Cure's bassist as well then she's about as well connected for Glasto '19 as it gets

13 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

There’s information from two separate sources, as well as information he’s pulled out of Hyde Park.

13 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

It ain’t bad news for some few definitely got my house excited with speculation of who the replacement is, especially as none of us were planning on seeing him 

1 minute ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

There’s information from two separate sources, as well as information he’s pulled out of Hyde Park.

Not technically. eFests heard Paul McCartney was doing Hyde Park, Brave Sir Robin has heard a bunch of names that are supposed to be doing Hyde Park and Paul ain't one. Could've never been booked for BST.

Edited by dentalplan

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not technically. eFests heard Paul McCartney was doing Hyde Park, Brave Sir Robin has heard a bunch of names that are supposed to be doing Hyde Park and Paul ain't one. Could've never been booked for BST.

My bad, thought we had specific information he’d pulled Hyde Park.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Unlikely I'd say but you could argue he fits in with the vague hints given on Twitter. My thought with Dlyan is if they wanted him, and he wanted to do it, it would have happened already though.

Yeah I'm surprised he's never did it before but fitting with the 2 blokes comment I can't think of many others that would be in a similar vain to Macca (not that it has to).

I still think it's going to be Macca though.