2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

Is Bob Dylan a possible?

Unlikely I'd say but you could argue he fits in with the vague hints given on Twitter. My thought with Dlyan is if they wanted him, and he wanted to do it, it would have happened already though.

3 minutes ago, VCK said:

Madonna? She's been rumoured the past few years.

Would get my vote, Like A Prayer is the GOAT pop song.

My thought there is if they could get her, it would be done and signed already. You would think Madonna would be one of the first feelers they put out.

Bob Dylan and Childish Gambino both seem to fit the description (solo, have a gender, unexpected, prob say no) although she reckoned a Macca fan wouldn't like them, so maybe not Dylan

But then we've got two rappers headlining - modern times eh?

Edited by billum

Seems a bit early to be panicking into a shock replacement though doesn’t it? I mean Prince pulled out in April and they got The Who. 

If it was Macca pencilled in and he’s pulled the plug, he was surely the ‘safe’ bet out of the headliners. Surely they would be aiming at a safe one to replace him?

Edited by strummer77

Just now, strummer77 said:

Seems a bit early to be panicking into a shock replacement though doesn’t it? I mean Prince pulled out in April and they got The Who. 

Yes but that just kinda proves it - that did seem a very panicky rebooking with havning to cancel a gig and fans revolting etc.

3 minutes ago, billum said:

Yes but that just kinda proves it - that did seem a very panicky rebooking with havning to cancel a gig and fans revolting etc.

But there’s lots of years headliners are apparently not even booked until the new year? So this should be fairly par for the course. 

Also, without trying to sound too grim, if you line up a headliner a year or so in advance who is in his 70s I reckon you tend to have some sort of backup plan. This is some time ahead of having to announce anything so the idea they were scrambling from the other source or going for weird ones from her seems strange. 

Edited by strummer77

3 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Also, without trying to sound too grim, if you line up a headliner a year or so in advance who is in his 70s I reckon you tend to have some sort of backup plan.

Yep true, hope the Eavii ticked the "Do you want to protect this booking?" box when signing his contract

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1