2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Athough Stormzy/ The Cure/ Arctic Monkeys-1975-Florence-whoever, would be an underwhelming (in my, and probably the wider world) trio, would it be any less underwhelming than Arcade Fire/ Metallica/ Kasabian in 2014?

Metallica was boxoffice 

Metallica was a straight out genius booking. The amount of PR that Glastonbury got in places that never normally show interest, and the amount of exposure Metallica got in places that normally pay no attention to them - a phenomenally smart move by both sides

• Like 1

So, if Macca info is true, who off this list can we discount...

IMG_20181118_093002.thumb.jpg.0c6a1c1efcac56346d8836807184b5dc.jpg

IMG_20181118_093810.thumb.jpg.57019ff0d881e30978595fce502fa82b.jpg

IMG_20181118_093832.thumb.jpg.f9ae1159f3fd33985adc19967d9b056b.jpg

Off the top of my head, Elton it out, Kylie is legend slot, Liam is subbing (though could be bumped up), FM and Madonna have been ruled out by Emily, Spice Girls is nonsense, Kendrick can probably go (as can't see Emily having Stormzy and Kendrick), GnR will be too expensive, Oasis is 2020 (?), Eminem isn't an act Emily would book,  Roses aren't active.

The possible list is quite small unless we start considering the outsiders. Killers at 25/1 is looking a bit tempting given the crowds they got at JP in 2017 though I don't think they're really in contention. Muses aren't on there but don't see them as an option.

1 minute ago, sisco said:

So people seem to believe the Macca our stuff but don’t believe her when she says it’s not a band!! 

Yeah something doesn't add up here. Arctic Monkeys are the biggest active band who could step in to do the slot if Macca has indeed pulled out but then that doesn't match up with the info from 'twitter lady', the info that has led us to believe that Macca has pulled out in the first place

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Lads it's Gaga and I'm finally winning the bet I placed on her headlining.

Based on the info, that’s certainly the likely one. 

Hard to believe rumour.... could the Taylor Swift have of been correct and Stormzy has the bump up?! 

Swift, Gaga, Madonna..... they’re the sort of acts that I think she’d say people wouldn’t like too.

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Now...this could be a delicious bit of pot stirring...but there is a LOT of excitement on the AC fucking DC forum about an announcement of an unknown nature coming before Christmas... More likely a new album...but...

It’s probably a statement about pensioners having to pay for their TV licences again.