2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 hours ago, 42hamlet said:

A friend of mine the other day told me that a friend of his who works "in the biz" had said to him that Glastonbury have had their Saturday headliner pull out and are facing a bit of a crisis to replace them 

I realise how "my uncle sam who's baker has a daughter" this sounds and I have absolutely no reason to trust it myself but thought it was a bit coincidental at least considering this 

Someone I know who’s just gone into a music company said a headliner had pulled out, but the attached info I heard was they were American. He assumed Stormzy was the replacement. They’re not a bullshitter but so much crap flying about I’d take all this with a huge huge pinch of salt. 

2 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Someone I know who’s just gone into a music company said a headliner had pulled out, but the attached info I heard was they were American. He assumed Stormzy was the replacement. They’re not a bullshitter but so much crap flying about I’d take all this with a huge huge pinch of salt. 

Thank you for that straw, I'm now clutching at it

2 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

If Stormzy was a last minute replacement tho I don't see why they'd have announced him straight away? (Unless they dropped out a while ago?)

11 minutes ago, mufcok said:

8 minutes ago, billum said:

Room for two on that straw please mister?

I mean I don’t think it’s true (and as all info I ever get is wrong including that I was told by Eavis himself!!!) but I’m in on Macca so hope it is. 

Ill do some chasing but think it’s probably rumour bollocks (as I think the stuff today about Macca could also be)

Edited by strummer77

20 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Well apparently it was Emily who mentioned an big American act pulling out at a BBC introducing talk he was at. Not sure if headliner then so who knows.

Point was more though that this tweet is probably baseless too

Edited by strummer77

22 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Where’s the source of this “Macca is out” panic

2 people saying slightly different things (but as we all have assumed Macca is the Saturday headliner anyway...). Both independently aren't really anything to talk about, but the fact that 2 different people have heard similar stories close to the same time is slightly suspicious (and at the very least is worth discussion on here)...

EDIT: Apparently Twitter Girl thinks Macca is Sunday and Cure are Saturday so maybe just a pile of BS

Here are the 2 comments:

10 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Woman on Twitter says that it was gonna be Macca, but now isn’t, according to “industry type bods”:

100FBF8F-7FAB-4C7A-8BDB-1466C315DDAD.jpeg

3 hours ago, 42hamlet said:

A friend of mine the other day told me that a friend of his who works "in the biz" had said to him that Glastonbury have had their Saturday headliner pull out and are facing a bit of a crisis to replace them 

I realise how "my uncle sam who's baker has a daughter" this sounds and I have absolutely no reason to trust it myself but thought it was a bit coincidental at least considering this 

Edited by Mattymooz
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

2 people saying slightly different things (but as we all have assumed Macca is the Saturday headliner anyway...). Both independently aren't really anything to talk about, but the fact that 2 different people have heard similar stories close to the same time is slightly suspicious (and at the very least is worth discussion on here)...

Here are the 2 comments:

Worth noting that the Twitter girl actually said The Cure are on Saturday and that Macca has pulled out of the Sunday.

52 minutes ago, billum said:

No, nor me, not a clue, other than - remember Olympics 2012? So bad. He then made a pact with the devil for a few more years of good touring, and these satanic pacts always run in 7-year cycles, so it runs out in late June 2019 just before the fest... this is why he was desperate to play the Saturday just in case it lasted, but when The Cure insisted on Saturday that did it

That Olympics gig farce was purely because all monitoring equipment failed. The bullshit about his voice being fucked is just that. Bullshit. 

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

EDIT: Apparently Twitter Girl thinks Macca is Sunday and Cure are Saturday so maybe just a pile of BS

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Worth noting that the Twitter girl actually said The Cure are on Saturday and that Macca has pulled out of the Sunday.

‘Twitter girl’ (member of a band who played, eg, R&L last year) did not “actually say” specific days, nor mention the Cure. She was responding to a GWatch comment that said Macca was likely for Sunday, and didn’t correct that, but neither did she comment on me saying Neil thought it was Sat. I don’t think most people give 2 figs which day they’re on.

It might well be BS but I don’t think the days thing is a reason to write it off.

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

‘Twitter girl’ (member of a band who played, eg, R&L last year) did not “actually say” specific days, nor mention the Cure. She was responding to a GWatch comment that said Macca was likely for Sunday, and didn’t correct that, but neither did she comment on me saying Neil thought it was Sat. I don’t think most people give 2 figs which day they’re on.

It might well be BS but I don’t think the days thing is a reason to write it off.

image.png.e6ec91d7c2dc087a2465122e429e2b2c.png

image.png.b4da1bb1687a73ace03013fbd028cfec.png

They were the comments I saw and took as The Cure doing Saturday, going off her info 

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Earlier in her feed she says Cure is Saturday. Poor girl must have had 32,446 profile views in the past 10 hours. Hope you feel responsible for this voyeurism ?

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Nah she said it before the Macca thing

I don't think people mixing up Saturday and Sunday is grounds to write it off, if we're going to buy into it in the first place. The day of the week is the least significant piece of info, so it's not really much of a thing if somebody says Saturday when somebody else is saying Sunday but the rest matches.

8 minutes ago, mufcok said:

image.png.e6ec91d7c2dc087a2465122e429e2b2c.png

image.png.b4da1bb1687a73ace03013fbd028cfec.png

They were the comments I saw and took as The Cure doing Saturday, going off her info 

I stand corrected! Hadn’t realised people had gone back through her other Twitter conversations (though I should have known ?).

But did we know for sure Macca wasn’t Sunday? I don’t think we did. Neil hadn’t put him or the Cure on specific days on the lineup page. And even if we did, that might have changed if Macca had cancelled. I’m not sure this makes much difference.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

If he ever really was in the frame, and has now pulled out, I wonder when that happened? Maybe it all happened months ago before the US dates were announced. I don’t buy it being health related otherwise surely the rest of the dates would be pulled, and I also don’t buy him pulling G to fit in a couple more US arenas, no matter how lucrative they are. I think the prestige of headlining the Pyramid again would mean a lot to him. Maybe he’s doing 2020 instead? I’m not giving up hope yet though. This show ain’t over ‘til the fat lady (Madonna) sings.

25 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I stand corrected! Hadn’t realised people had gone back through her other Twitter conversations (though I should have known ?).

But did we know for sure Macca wasn’t Sunday? I don’t think we did. Neil hadn’t put him or the Cure on specific days on the lineup page. And even if we did, that might have changed if Macca had cancelled. I’m not sure this makes much difference.

No, we didn't know the day. My point was just that the tweet and the post on here don't entirely back each other up as they both contain conflicting info on the days acts are playing.

Could easily be that the just got the days mixed up or something, or that she just knew the three headliners and like many on here assumed Macca was on the Sunday and therefore The Cure on Saturday.

I do think the thing about him going from apparently playing BST (according to Neil) to apparently not playing (according to a poster giving out info in the BST thread) adds weight to this, though.