2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

For what it's worth I heard a couple tracks of the new Mumfords yesterday and thought it was alright compared to their old stuff. Not good, like, just less grating.

I can imagine. Everything I heard off that third album was fine too - like a passable imitation of The National - but I never listened to the actual album cos I have nothing to gain from that.

Just now, Mash011 said:

See you on the front row for their headline set then mate

Mate mate mate mate mate.

I did want Mumford and Sons to be the third headliner so people would freak out and return their tickets and I could see the other two but Stormzy could accomplish much the same. He's probably even less popular with the Glasto crowd.

56 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Why is the tweet given any credibility ....seems like anyone could say I heard this or that . 

I don’t think it is being given much credibility, but its worth discussing at least, just in case. 

The tweeter is in a band though (called Saltwater Sun, I’ve never heard of them) so I doubt she’s completely made it up. Someone’s obviously told her something - whether it’s true or not only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I don’t think it is being given much credibility, but its worth discussing at least, just in case. 

The tweeter is in a band though (called Saltwater Sun, I’ve never heard of them) so I doubt she’s completely made it up. Someone’s obviously told her something - whether it’s true or not only time will tell.

Hey she used to be an eFester.

one of us one of us gooble gobble

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Mate mate mate mate mate.

I did want Mumford and Sons to be the third headliner so people would freak out and return their tickets and I could see the other two but Stormzy could accomplish much the same. He's probably even less popular with the Glasto crowd.

Shame Country Winston and pals are busy on the Saturday. Imagine a trio of Stormzy, Mumfords and The Cure. We’d stroll through the resale with that.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Who was she on here?

Exact same username as Twitter handle. I just remembered first hearing of that band when she asked people on eFestables to vote for her in a contest - seem to be doing quite well and playing a few festivals now. Probably well connected to industry type bods.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It's feasibly to be Bruce given that Neil's heard The Cure and Macca but also Bruce from what should be correct. 

Stormzy, Bruce and The Cure would turn it into a very lackluster and poor set imo. I actually think that could return a lot of tickets.

Huge Bruce fan here. Seen him multiple times and as much as I'd love to see him there next year my contacts tell me Glastonbury is nothing more than a rumour. 

As for the 'he's boring' comments - that makes me smile so much.

I'm gonna tell myself this is to try throw people off scent with Macca.. slowly edging towards denial

''Was gonna do it but now isn't'' doesn't really add up to me though, given the comments from Emily about him ''always being top of the list'' and him being active so close to the festival 

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

According to her Twitter, The Cure are Saturday

This is enough for me discount everything she's saying, purely as I don't want to be wrong on my weeks and weeks of arguing for The Cure on Sunday.

Also I see she went from saying about the third headliner: "I can’t say but not arctics. Not a band and someone I doubt you’d be very happy with haha sorryyyy" to "I would argue the only people who are sure are the Eavis’s but the people I was speaking to said it was Macca then said he was no longer doing it. That’s all I got dudessss I don’t wanna get anyone in trouble haha", which seems weird. Unless by "that's all I got" she means "that's all I can tell you".

A friend of mine the other day told me that a friend of his who works "in the biz" had said to him that Glastonbury have had their Saturday headliner pull out and are facing a bit of a crisis to replace them 

I realise how "my uncle sam who's baker has a daughter" this sounds and I have absolutely no reason to trust it myself but thought it was a bit coincidental at least considering this 

1 hour ago, Magic Rat said:

Huge Bruce fan here. Seen him multiple times and as much as I'd love to see him there next year my contacts tell me Glastonbury is nothing more than a rumour. 

I'm not arsed either way, I like a few but the more chance tickets back in the pot the better.

1 hour ago, Magic Rat said:

I thoroughly enjoyed him in '09, but he definitely lost a chunk of the crowd.

Anyway it's a moot point. GaGa all the way please