2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

haven't got a ticket yet so have been off the forum sulking but since the first headliner has been announced thought I would come and have a look and see what everyones saying.  A mixed reaction like every other headliner who has or will be announced in the future. There will never be a headliner that everyone is happy with, that's why there's a lot of stages. Personally I'm happy with it. Not a fan of his and have only heard a few of his songs but its someone new, relevant and British. If I get a ticket and nothing else takes my fancy I might even go and watch him. Isn't this the third year in a row he's played? Silver hayes first, Other stage now the pyramid

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I thought Beach Boys were unlikely because it'd mean four nights on the bounce but they're doing 8 nights on the bounce elsewhere on their tour.

yep, and lots of travelling - it's why i'd only recently removed them from the rumours list.

I'm wondering if the Thursday Paris show might get cancelled or re-arranged to cut down on the travelling.

Unless ... "Beach Boys" is really Brian Wilson. It wouldn't be the first time.

Third or fourth down Pyramid Friday?

Sounds about right, for either. Looks like Friday is the only possible day.

Edited by eFestivals

Just now, eFestivals said:

yep, and lots of travelling - it why i'd only recently removed them from the rumours list.

I'm wondering if the Thursday Paris show might get cancelled or re-arranged to cut down on the travelling.

Yeah I thought that but those 8 consecutive dates are no closer together than Glastonbury and Paris are.

1 hour ago, Luke Routledge said:

Obviously not happen but I think Queen would have gone down a storm as a booking for next year. I reckon Transmit would have sold a lot better if it was next year after the film got people talking about them again. 

May and Eavis Sr don't see eye-to-eye on the subject of badgers, so no chance. There is also the issue that it's not really Queen anymore, but we don't need to go there (again!)

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep, and lots of travelling - it's why i'd only recently removed them from the rumours list.

Would be nice to see beach boys as beach boys including Brian Wilson! I know Mike has been saying he’d be up for it! 

Who would be better to see, beach boys or Brian Wilson? Or is it personal preference?

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Reckon they could be the rock act on the Friday?, the ZZ Top act If you like?, Stormzy, Liam, a female act then Beach Boys 4th down.