2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

14 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

In an otherwise decent article on the Stormzy announcement, Jonathan Dean in GQ says Arctic Monkeys are most likely to headline Saturday: https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/stormzy-glastonbury-headliner

Just had a butchers, weird he's gone with Macca for Sunday with that. As far as i'm concerned if The Cure is wrong then there's no reason Macca would be right.

Meanwhile, I had a second "it's the Cure" come my way (about 2 weeks ago), via what should be about the best source going. 

I'm hearing a fair amount of talk of Arctics while being less than convinced it's right. It's coming from the same sorts of people (well-ish connected people but often with imperfect info) who have also been saying Springsteen - journo circles, which would explain why a journo has written it in an article.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just had a butchers, weird he's gone with Macca for Sunday with that. As far as i'm concerned if The Cure is wrong then there's no reason Macca would be right.

Meanwhile, I had a second "it's the Cure" come my way (about 2 weeks ago), via what should be about the best source going. 

I'm hearing a fair amount of talk of Arctics while being less than convinced it's right. It's coming from the same sorts of people (well-ish connected people but often with imperfect info) who have also been saying Springsteen - journo circles, which would explain why a journo has written it in an article.

I'd have called Arctics this year but never would have put them in for Friday, defo Saturday or Sunday. Obviously there is a chance than info is older to when the possibility of The Cure were happening...but things changed. I personally don't think had they had one pull out that Alex and Co would be hard to draft in instead.

2 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I know half of the board is going to kill me but is there any chance that The Cure would take a different slot and not headline?

it seems incredibly unlikely, as they ALWAYS headline the festivals they do.

But also, my info (from a few different directions) has been specifically headline. If they're not headlining I don't think there's much reason to think they'd be playing in another slot. If the info is wrong about headlining it's very possibly all wrong.

46 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I know half of the board is going to kill me but is there any chance that The Cure would take a different slot and not headline? Stormzy, AM and Macca sounds more complete imo. There is still that info from the american AM fanpage though... 

What are your thoughts on this @Gucci Piggy

Hearing Neil's put LG as TBC for Friday, this makes sense to me. One of the concerns over Stormy Z was that he's never played a set as long as would be expected from a headliner. This will obviously be bolstered by the new material, and also some guests on stage (eg MNEK) would help too. But having LG as sub, with a slightly longer set than usual, balances this out.

I was an Oasis fan, and the best Oasis gig I've been to was LG at Finsbury Park this year - leaning on Def Maybe a lot, was a cracking set.

Glasto - diverse as ever. They know what they're doing. Bring it on.

51 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I know half of the board is going to kill me but is there any chance that The Cure would take a different slot and not headline? Stormzy, AM and Macca sounds more complete imo. There is still that info from the american AM fanpage though... 

Hard to imagine the cure not headlining. Robert Smith loves playing his 3-hour long set.

Having seen the post from @blakejp on twitter a while ago (ArcticMonkeysUS forum creator who's speculations are normally pretty accurate) I'm relatively sure AM won't be headlining. I think the "iconic British festival in June" that they are said to be headlining will be Isle of Wight or even British Summer Time in Hyde park - just a hunch, since they haven't played those. Just feels too soon after Glasto 2013 for them (which I must say I really enjoyed watching).

Thread is below..

image.thumb.png.211795976bdf71658bb4ae08fe47c8ee.png

Having said this - I will feel obliged to see Paul McCartney if the rumours are true (even if I'm not the biggest fan)!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Hearing Neil's put LG as TBC for Friday, this makes sense to me. One of the concerns over Stormy Z was that he's never played a set as long as would be expected from a headliner. This will obviously be bolstered by the new material, and also some guests on stage (eg MNEK) would help too. But having LG as sub, with a slightly longer set than usual, balances this out.

I was an Oasis fan, and the best Oasis gig I've been to was LG at Finsbury Park this year - leaning on Def Maybe a lot, was a cracking set.

Glasto - diverse as ever. They know what they're doing. Bring it on.

Looking at the set times from 2016 both Muse and Adele did 90mins with the subs doing 75.  I’m sure this will be the same for Stormzy’s day too.  He did play 60mins last time so I’m sure with a new album plus a guest or 2 and throw in a few speeches about how thankful he is..... well 90 mins is easily done

42 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Stormzy

AM

Macca

To me that sounds the most likely on the face of it... but Neil's info throws the middle one right out. Putting AM & Macca on would be a safe bet after a more adventurous booking too.

Why are you all doing this to me? 

If it's Macca and AM I will be in tears of happiness from the reveal, until Monday 1st July.

I'm pretty convinced it isn't AM, however, not just from the info (and Blakes comment which really doesn't scream GF to me), but also cos I think it's too soon and they're more likely for 2020.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Yep. I've no way of knowing with any certainty that what i'm being told is correct. There's a million different reasons for why it might be wrong, and ultimately it's just gossip.

What I've heard, tho, should be right.

Thanks Neil. Keep up your stellar work!

23 hours ago, Matt42 said:

EFC5F309-1958-4C04-B9D4-1A2F606B646C.jpeg

I'm guessing this photo was from the Glastonbury Oxfam as the window of the Streatham branch does not look like this.

Oxfam website shows that the Streatham branch is probably closest to his local area, we don't have one in Croydon.

Edited by Johnnyseven