2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

the only place i know of which 'knows' it's bruce also 'knows' it's the cure and macca.

I'm guessing they're feeling confused right now. :P 

Is there any chance Brucie's not actually playing with a band, but doing his Broadway solo talkie thing somewhere? I guess it's not likely, as he'd still draw a hoooomungous crowd, and so the Acoustic stage is not a realistic proposition, it's gotta be Pyramid field even if he's on his own

1 minute ago, billum said:

Is there any chance Brucie's not actually playing with a band, but doing his Broadway solo talkie thing somewhere? I guess it's not likely, as he'd still draw a hoooomungous crowd, and so the Acoustic stage is not a realistic proposition, it's gotta be Pyramid field even if he's on his own

Absolutely none for me. He's built it as an actual Broadway show - meant as an intimate piece of work. The idea of him taking it on tour to festivals seems unrealistic.

I was expecting/hoping maybe a West End run, but that doesn't seem likely either.

2 minutes ago, billum said:

Thing is, if he's not with the E Street Band he becomes impossible to place. As you say, he's too big a name for the Acoustic to be a viable option, and if he's on his own the show just wouldn't really be suitable for any of the larger stages and would go down terribly.

44 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Why? Why would you say these things?

I mean one of them will clash with Stormzy, not each other ...but  I guess you knew that?

I wouldn't necessarily trust my efforts at pure speculation though....there's a reason I don't attempt to make any of those stage split predictions posts! :lol:

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

All the people wanting refunds on twitter, I was genuinely heartbroken about not getting tickets and some people just don't get Glastonbury and never will 

There is a lot of people outside of efestivals that only care about the headliners about a lot probably put their ticket back in the pot if they don't get who they want. 

I'm all for as many doing that as possible this year.

• Upvote 1

Trying to work out of all the nine headliner slots who I chose to see, if I'd choose checking out Stormzy over them. Of nine, Radiohead, Massive Attack and Justice I'd keep over Stormzy no question. I also saw Arcade Fire but only as everyone was going....but I suppose the same would apply unless they were all in for Stormzy.

Two slots were taken up by Fatboy Slim ....loved it, obviously, but not exactly ground breaking. Another was hiding from that awful Sunday 2016 apocalyptic drizzle in the Park Bar after Grimes pushed my mates over the edge of sanity. Would happily have switched out of that situation. Actually, I think in 2016 on the Fri I'd already gone to the SE corner and on Sat my friend made me watch some orchestra thing on the park stage and I was itching to get to Arcadia....so basically I watched zero notable 2016 headliners. These would definitely all be dispensable in favour of Stormzy 

Incidentally, part of the reason for the 2016 no headliner shambles was that I lost my phone on Fri and was hanging out with two different groups. Same occured in 2017 but my friends were all friends so it was no issue. Thus I think my attendance at Stormzy has more to do with whether or not I have retained possession of my phone by the time he's on and maybe less about me finding an absolute "must not miss" act in an opposing slot

This post is obviously of no interest to anyone....I'm just in some pub near Alexandra Palace waiting for my mates to turn up for the Prodigy gig 

20 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I mean one of them will clash with Stormzy, not each other ...but  I guess you knew that?

I wouldn't necessarily trust my efforts at pure speculation though....there's a reason I don't attempt to make any of those stage split predictions posts! :lol:

What have I missed? Why will one of them clash with Stormzy? 

Edit: Just read what you put again. You're guessing.

Nothing major to suggest either of those two are even there let alone what day they'd play!

Edited by Stokesy10

14 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

What have I missed? Why will one of them clash with Stormzy? 

Edit: Just read what you put again. You're guessing.

Nothing major to suggest either of those two are even there let alone what day they'd play!

Sorry, yes, I don't know anything! :) another efester did comment that if you were to put a nostalgic dance act on, it might make more sense against Stormzy than Maca or the Cure...makes sense I guess?