2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Paolo Nutini?

Wouldn't be surprised, his manager is very cosy with the Eavii (he's often one of the judges at the emerging bands competition).

It's a space worth watching for sure 

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I must say, Mr 1, you're very knowledgable these days, did you look directly into the heart of the tardis or something?

I have mastered the art of keeping one's ear to the ground 

4 hours ago, hughes21 said:

i got the text any optimist has been dreading this morning, my cousin whose band is signed to island records said the info is definitely 

fri - stormzy

sat - paul mc

sunday - the cure

and LG subbing one of them, is strange for them all to be confirmed so early though

Gah, I was looking forward to Macca signing off the festival - perfect for a Sunday :( 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I just assumed subbing again. Will he be much bigger than he was in 2014? I suppose he did seem a pretty big sub to me then though. 

I assumed cos @Mezhyp1 posted in this thread it was something to do with headlining. But fair if there's no info.

Am I right thinking he reportedly took a lower Friday slot last time cos he wanted to get aff his nut and hang out with @Gucci Piggy? Cos like, that'd probably be the same won't it?

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I assumed cos @Mezhyp1 posted in this thread it was something to do with headlining. But fair if there's no info.

Am I right thinking he reportedly took a lower Friday slot last time cos he wanted to get aff his nut and hang out with @Gucci Piggy? Cos like, that'd probably be the same won't it?

Paolo Nutini walking into me and talking to me without me even caring who he was is my best Glasto moment so far.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

So Lady Gaga is subbing? I find that incredibly hard to believe...when was the last time she opened for anyone? Also, she must be doing a stripped back production as well for it to logistically work.

I think you've taken the wrong LG from hughes21's post - he means Liam Gallagher.

It actually isn't that interesting tbf. After Royal Blood in 2014 I was walking away from the JP and some bloke surrounded by a gaggle of girls (they fuckin' do my 'ead in) walked into me. I looked up and it was Paolo Nutini completely off his balls. He said to me "Mate why's it so fucking hot" (it wasn't) and I was like "Uh I don't think it is mate" and walked off.

7 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Please let us have The Chemical Brothers on the other or Hot Chip headlining anywhere on the Sunday.

The Cure booking makes zero appeal to me.

Would I be foolish in expecting them to have the smallest crowd of the 3 headliners?

Surely if the Chems are gonna be any day it would be opposite Stormzy no?

Then Streets probably clash with Macca? And a more contemporary act vs. The Cure (Disclosure/Travis Scott/Childish Gambino etc.)

Edit: Should have read the last page re. Paolo

Pymild: Stormzy / Macca / Cure

Other: Chem Bros / Streets / Paolo

Edited by Mattymooz

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

About as much as any other act of that size touring around that time, although I personally don't think they'll be there.

Hmm I don’t know why they would be ruled out considering they ain’t at R&L or on exclusive somewhere else (so it seems).

I’d say there is a chance

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hmm I don’t know why they would be ruled out considering they ain’t at R&L or on exclusive somewhere else (so it seems).

I’d say there is a chance

But they played high up really recently (2016) and not much has changed since then?

Love them to be there for my son's first time but can't see it.