2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Chems are likely to be there as they have a new album coming and it’s the easiest booking the festival can make since the band’s manager lives at Worthy Farm.

Also I don’t understand why missing the Chemical Brothers is a regret when it happens every four years. You could miss them next year and still be fine to see them again at some point.

I know yeh, but put of my 5 Glasto's, they were there twice, and like an absolute nob I missed both. Bad decisions. I know I could always go and see them outside the festival too, but it's just the annoyance that I missed them at the farm, where music is magically amplified :D

13 minutes ago, hughes21 said:

sorry i just meant for it all to be leaked so early, im not used too it

but i have no reason to distrust what i have been told, my cousins band has the same manager as LG aswell 

These?

https://www.codaagency.com/artists/live

Fair few artists on the books. 

Get that shovel out and start digging for info :D

32 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Could Massive Attack be back for another headline slot on the Other? They're active next year with the Mezzanine dates albeit those finish in March.

I'm hoping that it will happen but that's based on pure desire to see them again.  it was only 4 years ago that they last headlined so is enough of a gap I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I know yeh, but put of my 5 Glasto's, they were there twice, and like an absolute nob I missed both. Bad decisions. I know I could always go and see them outside the festival too, but it's just the annoyance that I missed them at the farm, where music is magically amplified :D

I'm in the same boat - last time I saw Flying Lotus instead and as good as it was (the stage show was pretty damn cool), it just wasn't what I needed at the time.

2 hours ago, hughes21 said:

i got the text any optimist has been dreading this morning, my cousin whose band is signed to island records said the info is definitely 

fri - stormzy

sat - paul mc

sunday - the cure

and LG subbing one of them, is strange for them all to be confirmed so early though

Makes sense cos Cure Sunday :ninja:

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Please let us have The Chemical Brothers on the other or Hot Chip headlining anywhere on the Sunday.

The Cure booking makes zero appeal to me.

Would I be foolish in expecting them to have the smallest crowd of the 3 headliners?

I think they will do. Although i did forget about the increased capacity on the Sunday. Also depends on what's on elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Username taken said:

Can't see Liam subbing anyone other than Macca tbh.  No real rationale for him subbing Stormzy IMO

Why does there have to be rationale? Stormzy is a headliner, LG is a sub, that's all that's needed tbh. There's no more reason for him to sub Macca than Stormzy.

44 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The Cure playing on Sunday makes more sense than them playing on Saturday, but I still can’t picture Macca anywhere other than Sunday night. It’s an odd coupling whichever way around you put them. Makes Stormzy look quite token. 

Why can't you see Macca playing anywhere other than Sunday? Seems to me they usually put the biggest headliner on the Saturday, and the most similar booking to Macca over the last few year is the Stones who played Saturday.

44 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Whilst I have no reason to doubt the guy with the day information, The Cure don't seem like a very "local-friendly" act for a Sunday which is the direction that the festival seems to have taken in recent years. McCartney would seem to logical choice for Sunday but I guess it depends on availability.

It really doesn't seem to me like a lot of thought goes into pleasing the locals with the Sunday headliner tbh. In 2014 they were stuck with Kasabian.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Only info we have is that The Streets are either subbing Pyramid or headlining Other, and that Wolf Alice have been offered Other headliner.

I liked The Streets back in the day, but I'm struggling to wrap my head around them headlining The Other.

Man, nostalgia ain't what it used to be

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Only info we have is that The Streets are either subbing Pyramid or headlining Other, and that Wolf Alice have been offered Other headliner.

No way, that info passed me by. I like them, but wouldn't have expected them to be offered headlining Other. Maybe I'm underestimating them.

As soon as his rumour became stronger, Macca was always going to be the Sat headliner but still slightly surprised it's The Cure on the Sunday. They didn't provide the greatest ending to what was otherwise a fantastic Glastonbury 95. The Eavises might get a few disgruntled comments from the Sunday locals. Hopefully it'll put off a few of the TV watcherz from applying for the 2020 tix though as it's not the TV friendly party to fill front rooms with joy.

Edited by Fingerbobs

13 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

No way, that info passed me by. I like them, but wouldn't have expected them to be offered headlining Other. Maybe I'm underestimating them.

Yeah it surprised me, too. Guy who gave us the info has had good info on Wolf Alice in the past so I expect it to be true. He said he doesn't know if they've accepted it but will know over the new year or something.

32 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It really doesn't seem to me like a lot of thought goes into pleasing the locals with the Sunday headliner tbh. In 2014 they were stuck with Kasabian.

But Kasabian would have probably been the most local-friendly out of the three that year. As you could argue were The Verve, Blur, Stevie Wonder, Beyonce, Mumford & Sons, The Who, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran. Of course the locals are in the minority and maybe little to no thought goes into choosing an appropriate act but there's definitely a type of act that seems to headline the Sunday these days

43 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Why can't you see Macca playing anywhere other than Sunday? Seems to me they usually put the biggest headliner on the Saturday, and the most similar booking to Macca over the last few year is the Stones who played Saturday.

Same reason I can't see The Cure headliner - he's not current enough. I appreciate his status, but to have him on one day and The Cure on the next makes no commercial sense to me.

1 minute ago, Divein said:

I thought Kasabian were a late draft in to headline on the Sunday?

Not late, but stuff I heard at the time said that they were booked to sub Prince, but also saying they'd step up to headline if he didn't headline that day.

(from what i remember, the pencilling-in for Prince got changed to Saturday fairly quickly, can't remember why now tho [I guess another plan fell thru]).

1 minute ago, Divein said:

Wernt Metallica suppose to headline the other then they couldnt get someone (maybe Prince?) and so Metallica moved to Pyramid and as has been mentioned they were the most local friendly that year.

yeah, think that was the same year.

1 hour ago, hughes21 said:

sorry i just meant for it all to be leaked so early, im not used too it

but i have no reason to distrust what i have been told, my cousins band has the same manager as LG aswell 

Is your cousin in Dream Wife?

That's the only band I can remember sharing the same agent as Liam. However, I dont think they are on Island.

Liam is actually managed by his girlfriend, but he is booked through Coda.