2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 minutes ago, hughes21 said:

i got the text any optimist has been dreading this morning, my cousin whose band is signed to island records said the info is definitely 

fri - stormzy

sat - paul mc

sunday - the cure

and LG subbing one of them, is strange for them all to be confirmed so early though

Thanks. Good to have more confirmation and that we're not being led astray.

Guess when you consider they've been working on these headliners for a long time - and they're all British names - it's not too early to be sorted.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Thanks. Good to have more confirmation and that we're not being led astray.

either that, or we're all believing the same wrong stuff. :P 

Just now, dentalplan said:

Guess when you consider they've been working on these headliners for a long time - and they're all British names - it's not too early to be sorted.

Yeah, I don't think it's odd, particularly with a fallow year. 

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Please let us have The Chemical Brothers on the other or Hot Chip headlining anywhere on the Sunday.

The Cure booking makes zero appeal to me.

Would I be foolish in expecting them to have the smallest crowd of the 3 headliners?

Yeah it's very possible. Obviously Macca will have the biggest, Stormzy will probably depend on how successful his new album is.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Please let us have The Chemical Brothers on the other or Hot Chip headlining anywhere on the Sunday.

Would I be foolish in expecting them to have the smallest crowd of the 3 headliners?

I think Stormzy will but neither will come close to Macca’s.

1 minute ago, Yokel Again said:

Aren't Liam and Stormzy sort of mates? 

No that’s Guigsy.

26 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

With the capacity bump on Sunday, unlikely.

Stormy Z will have the smallest, I'd imagine.

I think I might be one of the few who is pretty happy with this trio. I'd quite like to see a bit of Stormzy, but will almost definitely be led elsewhere by what's on West Holts/Other/Park. Will likely watch Macca, although again the same could apply (assuming it's a long set I'll at least catch the start, I think). And I'd love to see The Cure smash Glasto and prove the doubters wrong. Either way, they're a great Sunday headliner for me - that's the day I most often struggle for a big finale and I'm out of energy by then so a contemplative set with a few hits for a little boogie would do me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ticketboy69 said:

I hope LG will be subbing Stormzy then I will probably give that stage a swerve on that night, although my daughter might have other ideas. 

I love The Cure, so will be there for that...and can’t not see Macca just because, well, it’s Paul McCartney...he used to be in the Beatles and everything!

Can't see Liam subbing anyone other than Macca tbh.  No real rationale for him subbing Stormzy IMO

1 hour ago, hughes21 said:

i got the text any optimist has been dreading this morning, my cousin whose band is signed to island records said the info is definitely 

fri - stormzy

sat - paul mc

sunday - the cure

and LG subbing one of them, is strange for them all to be confirmed so early though

I wouldn't say it's strange, I'm sure from the festivals point of view they'd rather that than it dragging on and on

Whilst I have no reason to doubt the guy with the day information, The Cure don't seem like a very "local-friendly" act for a Sunday which is the direction that the festival seems to have taken in recent years. McCartney would seem to logical choice for Sunday but I guess it depends on availability.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

I think knowing TCB are there, or a late reprise of Gaga, would make my festival for me. I'd be happy regardless and the old "plenty other stuff to do" cliche and all that, but I need to make up for my utter stupidity of missing TCB... TWICE.

10 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I think knowing TCB are there, or a late reprise of Gaga, would make my festival for me. I'd be happy regardless and the old "plenty other stuff to do" cliche and all that, but I need to make up for my utter stupidity of missing TCB... TWICE.

The Chems are likely to be there as they have a new album coming and it’s the easiest booking the festival can make since the band’s manager lives at Worthy Farm.

Also I don’t understand why missing the Chemical Brothers is a regret when it happens every four years. You could miss them next year and still be fine to see them again at some point.

34 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I wouldn't say it's strange, I'm sure from the festivals point of view they'd rather that than it dragging on and on

sorry i just meant for it all to be leaked so early, im not used too it

but i have no reason to distrust what i have been told, my cousins band has the same manager as LG aswell 

5 minutes ago, hughes21 said:

sorry i just meant for it all to be leaked so early, im not used too it

but i have no reason to distrust what i have been told, my cousins band has the same manager as LG aswell 

No chance of finding out which day he’s playing then?