2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

10 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Between the both of them you may just get half an Oasis set.

Does mean sitting through the rest of the Brothers Gallagher though

I just picture it being a bit...lumpen (not in the Marxist sense).

3 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I haven't listened to his latest album.  I remember seeing him at Latitude in '15 (i think) and being quite underwhelmed by it, I'm guessing WBTM is a bit good then?

Liam, hands behind back, head thrust upwards, spittle everywhere, belting out Little James.

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

maybe, tho he's been playing lots of shows to fields far smaller this summer.

I dont think its impossible, anyway.

True, but 99% of Glastonbury punters will know who Noel Gallagher is and with nothing of note against him at 11am you could see the majority descending on the Other to hear DBIL.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, but it says 'next year', and that's 2019.

Noel has said he wants to play next year, and it seems to confirm that he is.

Next year could have been 2020 as many refer now to 2019 being this year coming. Could be taken both ways...if he is accepting of a slot the festival are happy with though and he said he wants to play. It's a big act for them to be able get to open Other though 

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

True, but 99% of Glastonbury punters will know who Noel Gallagher is and with nothing of note against him at 11am you could see the majority descending on the Other to hear DBIL.

Don't Back in Langer?

No chance of him doing the opening Other slot, in my opinion. I know he's said about playing Friday and then going on the lash or something but I don't think he really thinks like that and could well have other tour dates to consider over the weekend. 

Plus logistically, as you say, it is a terrible fit. The guy's ego will barely fit in that field, never mind the vast majority of punters onsite.

The only non-headline slots he's done as NGHFB in the UK have been supporting U2, supporting Stone Roses and supporting Bruce Springsteen (who I don't think he's praised as much as the other two, but probably respects all the same) so I can't see him going "yeah the Beady Eye slot, I'll have a bit of that". Think he'd only accept subbing McCartney or, at a push, The Cure to finally have gotten him to play.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Next year could have been 2020 as many refer now to 2019 being this year coming. Could be taken both ways...if he is accepting of a slot the festival are happy with though and he said he wants to play. It's a big act for them to be able get to open Other though 

I tend to agree that Noel is 2020 as in the full dicussion when 'next year' was mentioned it was said that, for example, Fleetwood Mac were not this year.

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I tend to agree that Noel is 2020 as in the full dicussion when 'next year' was mentioned it was said that, for example, Fleetwood Mac were not this year.

This wasn't to do with Emily's discussion though. It was the email Neil got at the start of the Stormzy thread.

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Given how rammed Liam's crowd was when there was lots on elsewhere I can't see them putting Noel on there when there's nowt on elsewhere. 

Against Katy Perry, wasn't it?

But yeah. On the same day as Liam is on site and playing, you're gonna have the reunion optimists as well. I'd love to say it'd be a great time to see someone at another stage in a more intimate setting but I'd be in the mosh at the Other Stage too.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

This wasn't to do with Emily's discussion though. It was the email Neil got at the start of the Stormzy thread.

Ah OK, though looking at that 'next year' is very explicit compared to the rest of it that seems to be talking about the here and now. We shall see before long.