2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody who should be in the know on this stuff? Would be pretty mental now if they didn't end up being one of the headliners.

They've seen their touring schedule, and heard something else recently that suggested they weren't playing. 

As I say, I think they are. But he's from within the music business and is sticking with they aren't 

25 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They've seen their touring schedule, and heard something else recently that suggested they weren't playing. 

As I say, I think they are. But he's from within the music business and is sticking with they aren't 

The Who had another date so who knows. 

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

Didn’t they step in at short notice though? If The Cure are playing, they’ll not be scheduling gigs elsewhere for the same time.

Sorry, meant it more in the way that Glastonbury can be unpredictable. Might not be on any list that people can see until the announcement if that makes sense. 

33 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Sorry, meant it more in the way that Glastonbury can be unpredictable. Might not be on any list that people can see until the announcement if that makes sense. 

God this post has reminded me of the ETC finals night where Neil found out that The Who were playing (but disregarded it because of the date). Someone asked if the lineup was there, and Neil said "yes they've hung the full lineup on the wall" and I recall some peeps were like "...can you get a picture?". :lol:

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, Ashl said:

I'm going to say same as Foo's last year given the Cure like their sprawling sets they will get more time on Saturday over Sunday where sets are shorter normally (although Macca may have long but more fixed length sets) so will play Saturday.

If said band is booked for any day including Sunday and plays 2hrs as standard...that won't change at Glastonbury, especially if it's a harder one to agree.

3 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I'm 1% indefinite.

Like a one-year-old iPhone.

4 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

How did the Kylie rumour start again ? Is it possible that last year's Diana Ross could be there ? Or was that just Barry Gibb throwing us off the scent ?

There were suggestions after the "female, not British" hint by Emily. It was The Sun who went ahead and said Kylie. We haven't really had anything else (until now, potentially) linking her to it but it seems to fit the best.

Diana Ross has definitely been in talks about it because I think Nile Rodgers and Lionel Richie have both said they've personally suggested it to her. She doesn't seem to tour abroad that much anymore though.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There were suggestions after the "female, not British" hint by Emily. It was The Sun who went ahead and said Kylie. We haven't really had anything else (until now, potentially) linking her to it but it seems to fit the best.

Diana Ross has definitely been in talks about it because I think Nile Rodgers and Lionel Richie have both said they've personally suggested it to her. She doesn't seem to tour abroad that much anymore though.

Thanks. I'm not sure I trust anything the sun says though. I'd like to see Kylie, I don't own any of her music but I think she'd be great, Diana Ross on the other hand would be a dream.

On a completely different subject I've just realised this is an invision board, I've just discovered some of my favourite emoticons while looking for a meh emoji :dancer::popcorn::vampire:

1 minute ago, TheNoise said:

Thanks. I'm not sure I trust anything the sun says though. I'd like to see Kylie, I don't own any of her music but I think she'd be great, Diana Ross on the other hand would be a dream.

On a completely different subject I've just realised this is an invision board, I've just discovered some of my favourite emoticons while looking for a meh emoji :dancer::popcorn::vampire:

As much as it pains me to say this but the Scum have generally been pretty good at their predictions. I feel dirty typing that. 

I'm wondering if Emily dropping pretty obvious clues about Stormzy will change how the headliners are announced for next year. 

Personally I think It's a great booking and if the other predictions are right, makes for a good trio. But I've just had a look on the responses to NME's article and a few others on Facebook (I know) and it's wall to wall "That's shite", "Glastonbury is dead", "Why can't it be Fleetwood Mac?".

Do you think perhaps Emily was testing the water to see what the reaction would be? I don't know, maybe she wouldn't care but you can see the stories in the media stating fans go mad etc.

Could this lead them towards announcing a huge chunk of the bill in one fell swoop like they did after the last fallow year? Hit people with all 3 headliners, a Gallagher, a big pop name and the overall reaction would more likely be positive? 

I'm wondering if Emily dropping pretty obvious clues about Stormzy will change how the headliners are announced for next year. 

Personally I think It's a great booking and if the other predictions are right, makes for a good trio. But I've just had a look on the responses to NME's article and a few others on Facebook (I know) and it's wall to wall "That's shite", "Glastonbury is dead", "Why can't it be Fleetwood Mac?".

Do you think perhaps Emily was testing the water to see what the reaction would be? I don't know, maybe she wouldn't care but you can see the stories in the media stating fans go mad etc.

Could this lead them towards announcing a huge chunk of the bill in one fell swoop like they did after the last fallow year? Hit people with all 3 headliners, a Gallagher, a big pop name and the overall reaction would more likely be positive? 

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I've been wondering this too. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce Stormzy first and then announce the more "traditional" headliners of The Cure and Macca to stop any backlash.