2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

18 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I must be annoying and boring then.

Smashing his guitar up at the end of Rockin in the free world in 2009 was the most rock and roll thing I’ve ever seen. I think he’s brilliant. 

That sounds utterly cringe inducing. I like the Harvest Moon albums, but everything else he's ever done can get in the sea.

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That sounds utterly cringe inducing. I like the Harvest Moon albums, but everything else he's ever done can get in the sea.

Yeah fair enough. It was a real moment for me though. It may not be how you’re imagining it. He didn’t smash it over his head or anything. Difficult to describe the moment but he essentially broke all the strings, swung it around the mic a bit, bashed it with the mic stand and then strolled off the stage. Maybe not for non-fans but I loved it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

what's the thoughts on madonna then ? I did ask a page or so back ... is she now back in the frame after Emily earlier ruled her out ? where would she fit in ? or is it just a hope for Emily ? 

I think she's out for 2019. 

58 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Only in the last few years did I discard my notion that country music sucks and with that Neil Young was one of the acts I decided to give a proper go, and I haven't looked back. His entire discography is too big for me to be bothering with and is seemingly pretty patchy, but for a period in the late 60's and most of the 70's he was releasing masterpiece after masterpiece, sometimes twice in a year. Can't recommend those albums enough.

i listened to his entire discography a couple of years ago in chronological order. Apart from a couple in the mid 80s they all have something about them. Ragged Glory is from 1990 and is a masterpiece. Greendale is from 2003 and is a masterpiece. his last few albums have been a bit patchy, thats being kind. 

His 2009 show was one of the all time great Glasto gigs. 

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

what's the thoughts on madonna then ? I did ask a page or so back ... is she now back in the frame after Emily earlier ruled her out ? where would she fit in ? or is it just a hope for Emily ? 

Still read it as she hopes to get her to do Glasto somewhere in the future. But as long as Madonna wants serious cash, it's not happening.

39 minutes ago, The Nal said:

i listened to his entire discography a couple of years ago in chronological order. Apart from a couple in the mid 80s they all have something about them. Ragged Glory is from 1990 and is a masterpiece. Greendale is from 2003 and is a masterpiece. his last few albums have been a bit patchy, thats being kind. 

Loved Psychedelic Pil from a few years ago, but he could do with pruning a bit. Opening track ‘Driftin’ Back’ is great, but he stretches it to 27 minutes.

Not sure why people here call him a ‘country’ act. Sure, he dabbles in it, as he does many genres, but first and foremost I’d say he’s predominantly rock.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

@eFestivals solid info now on Stormzy, Liam and NG enough to pretty much confirm?, anything going by NG position thought?

He said yday that he was gonna move Stormzy to TBC off of what Emily said. Noel and Liam came as part of the same package of information (the showbiz mailer thing).

Edited by dentalplan

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I note in The Cure thread there's some commentary on the fact that none of their announced dates are consecutive, but if they play RW followed by Glastonbury, that would be two consecutive nights...

Yep, this is why I can't understand why everyone seems to think it's gonna be The Cure on Saturday and Macca on Sunday. Other way round makes more sense to me.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yep, this is why I can't understand why everyone seems to think it's gonna be The Cure on Saturday and Macca on Sunday. Other way round makes more sense to me.

McCartney would also make far more sense as the big Saturday headliner, with The Cure fitting in nicely as the inoffensive act for the locals to enjoy. I suppose people are just assuming McCartney would need a few days in between his last American gig and Glastonbury but I don't really see one day making much difference.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

McCartney would also make far more sense as the big Saturday headliner, with The Cure fitting in nicely as the inoffensive act for the locals to enjoy. I suppose people are just assuming McCartney would need a few days in between his last American gig and Glastonbury but I don't really see one day making much difference.

Yeah exactly, even without considering their other gigs it makes way more sense to have Macca Saturday. The Cure on Saturday would just feel weird.

37 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The info Neil quotes confirming Stormzy says The Cure are Saturday and Macca is Sunday. Might have been an assumption, but dunno why they'd say the specific days if they didn't have a reason to.

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The info Neil quotes confirming Stormzy says The Cure are Saturday and Macca is Sunday. Might have been an assumption, but dunno why they'd say the specific days if they didn't have a reason to.

It does mention that they’re rumours though, not that it’s specific info. Which is likely why they haven’t been put up to TBC as well.

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Pretty sure they're just mentioning the current rumours which seem to be The Cure Sat and Macca Sun. That's what Neil put in his article on the headliners not long ago so I assume they're just quoting that.

From Neil's article not long ago:

"Paul Mccartney has a show in the USA on the Wednesday before Glastonbury, which seems to suggest he'd be likely to play on the Sunday."

From the thing confirming Stormzy the other day:

"Which makes the other headliners mooted – The Cure on Saturday and PaulMcCartney on Sunday – both seem plausible."

Seems to me like they're saying "the Stormzy and Liam Gallagher rumours have turned out to be correct so the existing rumours on The Cure and Macca probably are, too".