2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

19 hours ago, crocodiles said:

No no no no no no no no you couldn't get me to stand through that shit for 2 mins never mind 90 and fortunately my wife is completely of the same mind . 

I'm obviously not speaking for you, I'm speaking for me ?

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Someone made it disappear?

Was a really exciting gadget though. Remember being shocked at it breathing fire during Satisfaction, having been at the Pyramid for the Arctic Monkeys the night before where it wasn’t stirred into excitement at all.

Peak Glasto moment actually.

Maybe it went burned back to dust and it will rise from the ashes once again? 

Yeah I loved it whilst watching m*****d and s**s 

Great effect on the top of it 

Saw Gaga headline Lollapalooza back in 2010...it was in the middle of her Monster Ball tour and she created a unique one-off show for the festival. Her arena staging (catwalk, aerial lighting, etc) wasn't going to work on the main stage at Lollapalooza so she did a unique stage show, with a different setlist than the rest of the tour.

Same thing for her Coachella show in 2017, she was a last minute replacement for Beyonce and she was able to out together a on-off festival set that was truly a spectacle. If we end up getting her next year I have a very strong feeling you'll see Bradley Cooper join her for a couple songs.

For those of you that have never seen her, the music takes on a much more muscular/rock sound in a live setting. She has a killer band that really flesh out the dance songs with a much fuller sound.

So Stormzy I get but still find difficult to go with Cure for Sat, even more so if it is Stormzy on the Friday. I’m sure I’ll be proved wrong but reckon there will be a round of somewhat negative press/social media when the headliners released if true - not that it matters of course. 

Edited by Splatt

Can't get into Stormzy but good for him if he is. Takes down one option of a potential clash for me as well. 

I'd be happy to watch both the Cure and Macca (better Clash not withstanding) so been almost hoping for someone like Stormzy or Gaga who I don't care for to give me a definite night away from the pyramid. 

3 minutes ago, Splatt said:

So Stormzy I get but still find difficult to go with Cure for Sat, even more so if it is Stormzy on the Friday. I’m sure I’ll be proved wrong but reckon there will be a round of somewhat negative press/social media when the headliners released if true - not that it matters of course. 

Even with the addition of McCartney it's not what you'd call a classic set of headliners, or at least it doesn't feel like it right now what with it including Stormzy who a lot of people assumed would sub and The Cure who many didn't expect to get the gig again. Maybe time will be kinder to it, but right now it isn't getting me particularly buzzed.

• Like 1