2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

I think you may have taken dishevelled a little too far with that profile pic, but I am no expert..

*I agree with this but it gives me the problem of wanting to see 3 Pyramid headliners... Not good.

It's the hair, isn't it? Needs a brush?

If it ends up being Cure / Macca / Gaga, then I'm going to pick one.

And that one will be Gaga.

Caveats:

Mini Woffy will be with us and i'm not making her sit through the Cure or Macca.

I had my fill of chin stroking at the Pyramid last year with The National /  Radiohead.

I've convinced myself Hot Chip will now be headlining elsewhere (hopefully Fri / Sat).

I want to spend more time at WH.

17 minutes ago, Woffy said:

It's the hair, isn't it? Needs a brush?

If it ends up being Cure / Macca / Gaga, then I'm going to pick one.

And that one will be Gaga.

Caveats:

Mini Woffy will be with us and i'm not making her sit through the Cure or Macca.

I had my fill of chin stroking at the Pyramid last year with The National /  Radiohead.

I've convinced myself Hot Chip will now be headlining elsewhere (hopefully Fri / Sat).

I want to spend more time at WH.

My daughter has never rung her Mum at Glastonbury and said.. "Its Dad, he is totally dishevelled and trying to buy everyone chips at the Hippy Chippy.."

I am dreaming of Hot Chip headlining WH on Friday again...I really think I should see Macca (never have) and Gaga would give it a proper go.. The Cure will have to do one.

49 minutes ago, Woffy said:

she was firmly in the camp swooning over BC and Gerard Butler in the Wimbledon crowd that time: "Oooo, hello!"

Don't blame her! Would have to avoid Cooper if he was on any kind of stage lest I be accused of objectifying a serious artist. And we obviously wouldn't want that now, would we...

30 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

I think you may have taken dishevelled a little too far with that profile pic, but I am no expert..

:lol: Love how this is in bold and underlined

R.E. Cure/Macca/Gaga - I'm kind of ok with that. Don't give two hoots about missing the Cure or Macca, and will probably actively avoid the latter. Suspect a lot of my crew may go to Macca but I usually find enough ways to entertain myself/people to bumble about with so I don't see it being a problem. As for Gaga, may be convinced if enough people are going as it'll probs be hella entertaining but equally ok missing it if she clashes with someone I or enough of my crew care about. In general though, I think it would be a reasonably well-rounded trio

2 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

My daughter has never rung her Mum at Glastonbury and said.. "Its Dad, he is totally dishevelled and trying to buy everyone chips at the Hippy Chippy.."

I am dreaming of Hot Chip headlining WH on Friday again...I really think I should see Macca (never have) and Gaga would give it a proper go.. The Cure will have to do one.

Her mum would say "Why is he eating chips instead of watching Hot Chip?"

I'm neither convinced nor dissuaded by any of those three.  I'm desperately hoping for there to either be (a) a completely unexpected headliner that blows my socks off, or (b) alternatives on other stages that do the same.

Gaga's probably at the top of the list in terms of what I'd actively want to see, but that's as much for the spectacle as anything else. Like the Cure but have no great history with them other than radio tracks, and I still just don't know about Macca.

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Don't blame her! Would have to avoid Cooper if he was on any kind of stage lest I be accused of objectifying a serious artist. And we obviously wouldn't want that now, would we...

:lol: Love how this is in bold and underlined

R.E. Cure/Macca/Gaga - I'm kind of ok with that. Don't give two hoots about missing the Cure or Macca, and will probably actively avoid the latter. Suspect a lot of my crew may go to Macca but I usually find enough ways to entertain myself/people to bumble about with so I don't see it being a problem. As for Gaga, may be convinced if enough people are going as it'll probs be hella entertaining but equally ok missing it if she clashes with someone I or enough of my crew care about. In general though, I think it would be a reasonably well-rounded trio

Ive never really bothered about Gaga until the SuperBowl…. 

this just cracks me up every time I watch it...

2 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Because she's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. She's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Gaga's simultaneously savvy and daft enough to do a one off Pyramid gig and throw everything at it.

This is the strongest argument in her favour, even before Shallow went stratospheric.  They wouldn't book her in expectation of a rote performance. They'd know that she'd see it as an honour and a challenge and up her ante accordingly.

5 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

After hearing her early tunes I thought it was really not normally my thing, but saw her do Edge of Glory on the piano a few years back and decided then she is just bloody brilliant. I'd be there! 

Was that the thanksgiving performance by any chance? She smashed it :D

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

Ahaha, ok, fair, that is proper batshit (and as a side note, I never realised before that Just Dance was about being so shitfaced you didnt know what club you were in. Deep.)

Out of curiosity.....what is the most batshit spectacle ever before seen on the Pyramid????

13 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Out of curiosity.....what is the most batshit spectacle ever before seen on the Pyramid????

It was before I was born so I don’t actually know, but Archaos has to be a competitor?

From what I’ve actually seen, I’m going for Kanye on the cherry picker.

Edited by theevilfridge

11 minutes ago, theevilfridge said:

It was before I was born so I don’t actually know, but Archaos has to be a competitor?

for the time it was bat-shit crazy.

(Just by not being a band it was a bit crazy, it confused the hell out of me. :P )

Today, I'm not really sure if the performance would be considered that wild, as performance in that style became a bit of thing since then.

29 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Ahaha, ok, fair, that is proper batshit (and as a side note, I never realised before that Just Dance was about being so shitfaced you didnt know what club you were in. Deep.)

Muse playing The Globalist.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

After it was on the Pyramid the guys did a show with it up near circus I think it was, haven't seen it since.

Someone made it disappear?

Was a really exciting gadget though. Remember being shocked at it breathing fire during Satisfaction, having been at the Pyramid for the Arctic Monkeys the night before where it wasn’t stirred into excitement at all.

Peak Glasto moment actually.