2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Spice Girls pyramid, Cure on Other (sorry despite the wisdom of these boards just don’t see them headlining pyramid - I’m probably wrong though). Equally don’t really see Spice Girls at Glastonbury  - I dunno !!!! ?

Edited by Splatt

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Bands not big enough to headline according to some in here; mumfords in 2013, Arcade Fire in 2014, Adele and Radiohead in 2016, The Cure and Lady Gaga in 2019. 

Oh Christ. Remember 2016’s ‘Adele will be the headliner but she’s afraid of large crowds so she’ll headline but in the sub slot, then Radiohead who will be subbing will go on after her to take the pressure off’ theory. FML. 

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Oh Christ. Remember 2016’s ‘Adele will be the headliner but she’s afraid of large crowds so she’ll headline but in the sub slot, then Radiohead who will be subbing will go on after her to take the pressure off’ theory. FML. 

Even whackier, there was talk that Muse would sub with an "experimental" show.

1 hour ago, sime said:

I'd watch The Spice Girls too, wherever in the line up they played (clashes aside). I think it would be quite a Glastonbury moment and definitely something a bit different.

No no no no no no no no you couldn't get me to stand through that shit for 2 mins never mind 90 and fortunately my wife is completely of the same mind . 

5 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Radiohead played 2 songs from A Moon Shaped Pool. Their setlist would have been more or less the same had they headlined in 2011. But AM aren't headlining anyway. 

Have you sued Alex Turner yet? I though your username was a AM fanboy thing but it turns out you signed up long before the song! Hipster! ? 

9 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Nothing will ever beat The Killers headlining and playing Christmas songs 

That Killers headline set would be amazing. Although I think it needs a few tweaks for length from the old version. I still think their secret set last year might be a pre-cursor to a reappearance but headlining is the only way they'd play, so unless their band 3 not as likely as it once was?

1. Human
  2. All These Things That I Have Done
  3. Run for Cover
  4. Wonderful Wonderful
  5. When You Were Young
  6. Read My Mind
  7. Miss Atomic  Bomb
  8. The Man
  9. Uncle Johnny
  10. Spaceman
  11. Have All the Songs Been Written?
  12. The Man
  13. Runaways

Encore

1. Smile Like You Mean It
  2. Somebody Told Me
  3. Mr Brightside

4 hours ago, henry bear said:

Brian Johnson back in the AC/DC fold, apparently 

AC/DC have  been known to do occasional one off festival gigs. If they can book Metallica they can certainly book AC/DC whose music is far more radio friendly. Jeez, I hope you are right.