2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

38 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Except they're all really insecure headliners. There's literally nothing to tie Gaga to Glasto at this point other than another rumour of a co-star of a movie she's in. The Cure is a guess based entirely on the dates of a different festival and Macca comes down to him saying he'd do it, them saying they'd want him to do it and his tour dates.

Notwithstanding whatever information @eFestivals has, which of course we can't see, I don't think I'd be putting money on any of them.

But good info from Neil is the most secure thing we can get in terms of acts appearing, and he seemingly has strong info on both The Cure and Macca from several different directions. They both seem pretty secure to me, but of course we all have no idea on the third one.

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Solid info from Neil would result in a TBC. Until that time, I reckon there's all to play for.

That's as much caution as anything else. After all, I have been wrong once or twice when I have TBC'd. I feel I need a bit more corroboration to mark them up.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure they're right.

Is there precedent, The Who in 2015 aside, of a completely left field UK act being announced? For the last few years I've been going every UK headliner has been rumoured in the build up, even Radiohead despite them being announced very early doors. The lack of any solid info/rumour for who the third headliner might be suggests to me it's definitely not a UK based act.

Gaga seems right to me. In 2017 was there not rumour of a secret set? Didn't she give an interview where she skirted around the Glastonbury question? Might be that she was lined up or already booked for 2019. 

8 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Is there precedent, The Who in 2015 aside, of a completely left field UK act being announced? For the last few years I've been going every UK headliner has been rumoured in the build up, even Radiohead despite them being announced very early doors. The lack of any solid info/rumour for who the third headliner might be suggests to me it's definitely not a UK based act.

Gaga seems right to me. In 2017 was there not rumour of a secret set? Didn't she give an interview where she skirted around the Glastonbury question? Might be that she was lined up or already booked for 2019. 

Kanye?

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

one I'll chuck in, just because I heard it yesterday from a music biz source - tho I really don't think it's right.

Bruce Springsteen.

I heard it is a three night residency in the acoustic tent doing his broadway show, they are going to need a bigger camping chair area.

Edited by GMF

25 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Not technically UK, but it's close enough - U2 were very much out of the blue when they were first announced for 2010. They'd been heavily rumoured (and from a contact I had in their organisation back then, at one point had actually agreed to do it) for 2005, but barely a word was said in the subsequent years until they announced it out of the blue.

Pyramid: 

Lady Gaga / Rod Stewart / Macca

I'm sure there will be lurking somewhere Rita Ora (West holts maybe) and The Cure and The 1975 somewhere near the OS

But then what do I know, I added on a list of who'd I like there, the wonderful RuPaul ???

13 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

Lynyrd Skynyrd will make their long overdue Glastonbury debut and the strains of Free Bird will ring out over the misty fields of Avalonia. You heard it here first.

Not sure if a band that stopped playing in front of the Confederate flag because of it's racist connotations, and then reversed this decision because of protests from rednecks is the sort likely to be booked for Glastonbury. Besides, only Gary Rossington is left from the classic line-up.

18 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Not sure if a band that stopped playing in front of the Confederate flag because of it's racist connotations, and then reversed this decision because of protests from rednecks is the sort likely to be booked for Glastonbury. Besides, only Gary Rossington is left from the classic line-up.

All kinds of problematic twats have been allowed on the bill ? that's showbiz, kid.

1 hour ago, Martin Ashford said:

Lynyrd Skynyrd will make their long overdue Glastonbury debut and the strains of Free Bird will ring out over the misty fields of Avalonia. You heard it here first.

They've been mentioned in a few threads today but I must confess I didn't  expect them to turn up in the Headliners thread.

22 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

image.thumb.png.ea50bd8716b5d27fbc586d0616d19a4a.png

My other half is a graphic designer and I think she would take issue with the typograhy at the top, unless they are trying to be clever and it’s me . The r’s look like v’s and why two types of S ? 

Legendary band though .

Regardiing the flag, years ago when ZZ Top played Monsters of Rock they were in abundance