2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

27 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Stormzy has announced his album is done. A big success could see him headline I reckon. Ticks lots of boxes. The crowds were massive for the Other Stage in 16 so I reckon he could do it.

Hmmm well at least it would free me to see other stages. 

8 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Let's not forget Faith No More. RIP Chuck.

Great shout.

Love the first two albums and would have loved to have been at the shows a couple years back when FNM ‘reunited’ with Chuck to play a few shows... with Patton as the encore or something!

• Upvote 1

So sat watching the MTV EMA's (morbid curiosity) and Panic at The Disco won best alternative act (no sniggering at the back please), beating the 1975. And as @Tittershas just pointed out to me, twice the monthly Spotify listens...

IMG-20181104-WA0005.thumb.jpg.e1d0c9b9473221f14c820706e5076895.jpg

IMG-20181104-WA0006.thumb.jpg.9815daeb9f864d9388286c1e7eec3be7.jpg

Which leads me to three questions....

1) if The 1975 are possible headliners then why not the award winning PATD? 

2) what the smeg is going in the world?

3) when did PATD become massive?

...and one conclusion...

1) I'm old. I don't understand anything thats happening on MTV EMA's. I mean, what on earth is this all about...

IMG_20181104_220455.thumb.jpg.3b6f3d55967651b135ec6b782fe0951e.jpg

Panic at the Disco have had a pretty steady stream of hits the last couple years that have done well. They seem to have maintained quite the fan base. 

They headlined Reading + Leeds last year and their set actually looked really good. They'd never headline at Glastonbury though, maybe the Other Stage again but I doubt it.

8 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Panic at the Disco have had a pretty steady stream of hits the last couple years that have done well. They seem to have maintained quite the fan base. 

They headlined Reading + Leeds last year and their set actually looked really good. They'd never headline at Glastonbury though, maybe the Other Stage again but I doubt it.

They've played the farm before tho iirc, so maybe not too far out of the question. No idea what their/his touring schedule looks like, but agreed on other stage headliner

Edited by Mattymooz

36 minutes ago, Keithy said:

So sat watching the MTV EMA's (morbid curiosity) and Panic at The Disco won best alternative act (no sniggering at the back please), beating the 1975. And as @Tittershas just pointed out to me, twice the monthly Spotify listens...

IMG-20181104-WA0005.thumb.jpg.e1d0c9b9473221f14c820706e5076895.jpg

IMG-20181104-WA0006.thumb.jpg.9815daeb9f864d9388286c1e7eec3be7.jpg

Which leads me to three questions....

1) if The 1975 are possible headliners then why not the award winning PATD? 

2) what the smeg is going in the world?

3) when did PATD become massive?

...and one conclusion...

1) I'm old. I don't understand anything thats happening on MTV EMA's. I mean, what on earth is this all about...

IMG_20181104_220455.thumb.jpg.3b6f3d55967651b135ec6b782fe0951e.jpg

Fuck me, Panic! At The Disco are literally bigger than The Beatles. WTAF?

Screenshot_20181104-225448_Spotify.jpg

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

This looks like one of those cursed images that @Yoghurt on a Stick posts.

Hello dentalplan,

Are you on about the rubber or latex thingy? 

Apologies if it is, and that they possibly offend. In reality I have no perceived deviancy in that direction. That said, I would, and want to, wear one of those outfits walking down King's Heath High Street in Birmingham. I'd just love to witness the expression on shoppers faces, and finally call in to the police station (where I've been incarcerated many a time previously) at the bottom of the High Street, and ask them something banal like ' where's the best kebab house around here'?!

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

' where's the best kebab house around here'?!

Not sure about kebabs, but I have it on good authority there's a very good curry house just over from the Hare & Hounds.

I went to see Los Campesinos! there last year, Gareth informed us all that the band had just eaten a great curry there and the man working had told them to spread the word. Having had no cause to go to Birmingham before or since I didn't expect to ever really spread that word but here we are 

19 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello dentalplan,

Are you on about the rubber or latex thingy? 

Apologies if it is, and that they possibly offend. In reality I have no perceived deviancy in that direction. That said, I would, and want to, wear one of those outfits walking down King's Heath High Street in Birmingham. I'd just love to witness the expression on shoppers faces, and finally call in to the police station (where I've been incarcerated many a time previously) at the bottom of the High Street, and ask them something banal like ' where's the best kebab house around here'?!

Much, much weirder stuff has walked down that high street! 

Remind me, what's that pub called on the high street opposite Asda? Albert Hammond Junior played there a couple of years ago and I never realised til afterwards. Couldn't believe it!! 

Edited by Stokesy10

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Not sure about kebabs, but I have it on good authority there's a very good curry house just over from the Hare & Hounds.

I went to see Los Campesinos! there last year, Gareth informed us all that the band had just eaten a great curry there and the man working had told them to spread the word. Having had no cause to go to Birmingham before or since I didn't expect to ever really spread that word but here we are 

That ones OK, but travel down the road into Moseley and Imlees balti house is much better, and Kebabish. Future reference and all that. 

I'm pretty serious about the whole balti scene. Kind of a big deal.

25 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

There is a fine curry house on York Road (kind of opposite the Hare & Hounds) but the name eludes me right now. The problem is that there are two sit down curry houses there, and a take away curry house only. Two of them are to be avoided at all costs, but the other isn't. Hardly helpful I know, but if anybody was at all interested, I'd be prepared to work the problem for them. 

29 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

That ones OK, but travel down the road into Moseley and Imlees balti house is much better, and Kebabish. Future reference and all that. 

I'm pretty serious about the whole balti scene. Kind of a big deal.

Kebabish overrated IMO, and one in Boldmere 

26 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Much, much weirder stuff has walked down that high street! 

Remind me, what's that pub called on the high street opposite Asda? Albert Hammond Junior played there a couple of years ago and I never realised til afterwards. Couldn't believe it!! 

Hello Stokeysy10,

You definitely do know that high street then. The amount of loonies walking down there at any one time could, by some, be considered dangerous.

The pub opposite Asda is (or was) called The Goose. Fuck me, the clientele in there were / are phenomenally off the scale. I became my own boss within a billion pound charity company at one point in my life. Anyway, to cut a long story short I allowed myself to get enrolled on an IT course just up the road from the Goose. At first I granted myself two hours there on a Wednesday, but when I realised that nobody was taking note, I increased it to a day release program. Then what happened was that I went to the IT centre for an hour between 10am and 11am. Then when that was done I went over the road to the Goose, and stayed drinking in there for about 6 to 7 hours. So, effectively I was being paid to drink in the boozer. Now that's got to be a result in anybody's books. The things I saw go down in there would give you premature grey hairs. However, all those observations were, to my mind, a part of the rich tapestry of life.

The IT place, and subsequently the Goose was where I had a liaison (lasting 5 years) with the member of a band who played the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury one year. 

In addition to that, I wagged off work one Friday (with my boss) at about 2pm and went to the Goose to have a few drinks. While we were there, a well posh eloquent oap with a cravat came up to us and said ' Excuse me chaps, could you tell me what pub I'm in'? The bloke hadn't a clue where he was. Much like the people who frequent that pub generally.