2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

35 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Saw the Real PSB this week, always great live. There’s a number of stages they could play - I’d quite like to see them have an afternoon Pyramid slot - from what I’ve seen they have no problems winning over large audiences.

I'd like to see them headline The Park, that'd be great.

23 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I've never been a fan of the Pet Shop Boys - quite the opposite in fact - but they are a million more times deserving of being the 'real' PSB than the risible-bordering-offensive Public Service Broadcasting.

I caught PSB over the summer and my spine has still to uncringe from the onstage stylings of Virgil Q. Wigglygoose and Tarquin Pifflington Esquire.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I caught PSB over the summer and my spine has still to uncringe from the onstage stylings of Virgil Q. Wigglygoose and Tarquin Pifflington Esquire.

Who knew a load of wafty instrumentals with a bit of Pathe News clips over the top could be less than the sum of its parts?

15 hours ago, slash's hat said:

Fond teenage memories of the wild album and songs from circus and innocence. Erasure was the first concert I went to, Hammersmith Odeon, still got my red ribbon, bingo ticket and pen. And who can forget Abbaesque?

Cowboys album was where I dropped off, saw them on tour somewhere in Birmingham then and it was awful. Would love to see them and/or PSB on the farm, having never seen PSB. 

Saw them at Manchester Apollo with the erasure bingo . Night linford Christie won gold at Barcelona Olympics.  Because Andy announced it .

They did something ridiculous like 20 nights at the Apollo 

3rd headliner inklings, in order of likelihood 

1. Taylor Swift : Some random music promoter guy with no reason to trust him says it's her. And eFestivals guesses it could be a non-UK act.

2. Lady Gaga,  Kendrick Lamar eFestivals guesses it could be a non-UK act.

3. The 1975 : Apparently have been offered to play the festival. But to headline? And instead of Leeds and Reading? And eFestivals guesses it could be a non-UK act.

4. Stormzy : Tweeted about Glastonbury, but only has 1 album. And eFestivals guesses it could be a non-UK act.

46 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's an old / recurring argument on here, largely encapsulated in an old PSB vs PSB poll thread that (IIRC) Stu Two Hats started.

The fact that no one actually calls the Shoppies PSB is neither here nor there.

And it seems that PSB won:

I for one welcome our 20th Century archive overlords.

• Upvote 1