2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

nope, tho I'm thinking The Cure will be an April announcement so it doesn't interfere with the opportunity to sell their other many shows.

Which really means they'll probably get announced next week. :P 

Haha. I see they've sold Dublin out. What's the Glasgow thing they're doing, similar set up to BST?

48 minutes ago, Keithy said:

RE: Queen.

Not Queen without Freddie. If you lose the lead singer then the band is not the band. It's some of the original members plus a new singer

Slade without Noddy, Oasis without Liam, Blur without Damion. 

I'd even argue it's not Queen if they had Fred but lost May. Like GnR were not GnR without Slash. 

It's like George and Ringo decided to tour The Beatles on their own.

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

What's the Glasgow thing they're doing, similar set up to BST?

less of a festival than BST, if that's possible. Also less than half the size, but with a far-lower easyish audience catchment area.

Not sure it'll sell-out quickly, tho a post-Glasto sales boost is quite possible if Glasto happens and it's not sold out by then.

why does it seem everyone thinks Macca will headline? he is in America in June. all that traveling on his poor vegan bones, wouldn't be good for him

2005 he played some point early evening wasn't it

he was shit then, can't see him getting any better with age. his back catalog can't be argued with, he's still a bit of a twat though. his banter on stage made want to spew when he last played. all that "do you know I was in a band once, yeah with my mates John, Ringo and George" blah blah dribble 

sorry will stop macca bashing

I must say i did leave after two or three songs,  too much

Edited by shuttlep
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

Not Queen without Freddie. If you lose the lead singer then the band is not the band. It's some of the original members plus a new singer

I'd even argue it's not Queen if they had Fred but lost May. Like GnR were not GnR without Slash. 

ACDC might beg to differ.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

ACDC might beg to differ.

I see your AC/DC and I raise you Fleetwood Mac

(To be clear I'm not saying Lambert is the equivalent of Buckingham or Nicks, far from it, but there is sometimes light at the end of the 'lost our front person' tunnel.

I wonder what would have happened if George Michael had joined?

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

While I agree, GNR didn't really sound massively different from 2010 when I saw then without Slash. Axl was still on top form that night as well.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

While I agree, GNR didn't really sound massively different from 2010 when I saw then without Slash. Axl was still on top form that night as well.

I saw GnR a couple of times in the mid-00's when it was basically Fat Axl and a few sessions guys - Buckethead was a particular low.

It wasn't good.

Would we have gone to see The Doors with Eddie Vedder? I think so, I think most of us would gladly go and see that and sing-along, too.

But it doesn't work with everything or anything. I couldn't be bothered with Peter Hook, but I'd gladly see New Order. Blur without Damon? Don't even try ... it'd be like Radiohead without Thom. 

I think Queen with Lambert works, we would all be singing/screaming from the top of our lungs. 

Not sure what is it that makes it work.

Edited by Gabi_says

46 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'll chuck Iron Maiden in. To most people replacement-guy Bruce *IS* their singer.

(not to me tho; I saw them on their 1st album tour :P )

Ah Paul Di'Anno.  Love those first albums.

As much as Dickinson *is* the singer, when he sings anything off those albums it never sounds right to my ears.

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

Any theory on who you think will be announced first @eFestivals?

I presume they may try and keep a lid on it as long as possible , but once the press start to get a definite sniff then they may relent and announce to beat them to it so to speak.

No one revealed their hand yet and stuck their neck out yet have they ?

3 minutes ago, battleborn said:

The best one is when bands play revolving door so much you end up with two versions of them touring and releasing music at the same time and splitting just after they get inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame. Mad World.

(Yes v Yes ft ARW for those not clued in)

Can you imagine the other members of Kiss setting up an outfit without Mr Simmons ?

They would get a $20 billion law suit from his lawyers within minutes !