2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Am I alone in thinking that LG headlining Glastonbury with such a thin canon of solo material and thus trading almost entirely on his brother’s songs is just a bit...I dunno...crap?

Oh! I am? Oh. 

As you were. 

Ben

Nope, not alone. I really wish the two of them would either get back together and do an Oasis tour (which I wouldn't be attending) or just fuck off. 

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

I'm with you Ben! Anywhere else on the line-up and he's a 'fun' 90 minutes. Bit of Oasis nostalgia and some of his solo stuff. It's not headliner material for me. That's not to say he's not headliner status but subbing someone like Macca would be a good fit.

I. AM. NOT. ALONE. 

??

?

And I have no dog in this fight - wouldn’t go see LG any more than I would a reformed Oasis. I’ll always have Knebworth ?

In fact, Child 2 and I were trying to think of genuinely possible current Glastonbury Pyramid headliners in the world  that I would defo go to see. The list went:

Radiohead, 

It was a short game. Anyone else you can think of that would definitely get me to the pyramidal one? 

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I. AM. NOT. ALONE. 

??

?

And I have no dog in this fight - wouldn’t go see LG any more than I would a reformed Oasis. I’ll always have Knebworth ?

In fact, Child 2 and I were trying to think of genuinely possible current Glastonbury Pyramid headliners in the world  that I would defo go to see. The list went:

Radiohead, 

It was a short game. Anyone else you can think of that would definitely get me to the pyramidal one? 

Ben

Dave Lee Travis playing Macbeth?

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Funny that you should wade in, easty, for though you don’t score here, in fact Depeche Mode were the only other band that Child 3 (typo above, soz) and I considered might make the cut...!

Ben

I was getting too predictable with my generic two answers to every question on these boards ?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I'm with you Ben! Anywhere else on the line-up and he's a 'fun' 90 minutes. Bit of Oasis nostalgia and some of his solo stuff. It's not headliner material for me. That's not to say he's not headliner status but subbing someone like Macca would be a good fit.

That's exactly what I think. I saw him at Sziget this year and it was great but no more than pyramid sub or smaller stage headliner.

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I. AM. NOT. ALONE. 

??

?

Radiohead, 

Ben

Daft punk

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

Daft punk

Oooh, Kate, I do love you. 

But it’s a no from me. 

I’m a massive techno and electronic fan, but for me DP are....a bit...*gulps* boring. 

(Puts tin hat on)

I mean, DP vs. Justice at WH last year? No contest. And Justice are obviously nowhere near Py toppers. 

Good try, mind. 

And the rest of you? Come on? Whadya ya got?

:)

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oooh, Kate, I do love you. 

But it’s a no from me. 

I’m a massive techno and electronic fan, but for me DP are....a bit...*gulps* boring. 

(Puts tin hat on)

I mean, DP vs. Justice at WH last year? No contest. And Justice are obviously nowhere near Py toppers. 

Good try, mind. 

And the rest of you? Come on? Whadya ya got?

:)

Ben

Daft Punk 1994-1998 = oui

Daft Punk 1999-2013 = non

• Upvote 1

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just got back from watching Bohemian Rhapsody and although I may be wrapped up in the euphoria of how great I thought the movie was, God damn it Freddie would've owned that Pyramid 

I watched the Live Aid gig earlier today and hot damn that was a good gig. Eating out of the palm of his hand.

Never seen a huge Glasto crowd as engaged as that. And that definitely includes Fun Lovin' Criminals playing Scooby Snacks in the 90s.

Liam Gallagher would be best of as a sub headliner. He pulled a huge crowd last time, was the busiest act on the Other Stage and I think a lot of people undestimated how much of a draw he would be. 

I don't think hes a headliner on his own, though he could probably pull it off but he'd make a really good run in to someone like Macca. 

Last year they would have been better swapping LG and the National round, the other was stupidly busy, you could barely move an inch anywhere round there and the Nationals crowd was fairly scarce for the position they held on the main stage - not to complain as we got a good view without having to fight our way forward. 

I'd be shocked if Liam headlined. Macca sub seems perfect and I'm sure he'd love to do that

I do owe one to 'Joe.co.uk' for suggesting he will though, that's the article that took me to Betway for the bizarre odds on Macca/The Cure. Assuming the bets come in that is..