2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

The lack of rumours around the 3rd headliner, points to non-UK act* and almost certainly an act from the USA, which narrows the list considerably so I'm still sticking with Gaga. Won't hear anything for a while as the Vegas residency doesn't start until Dec but if I was a betting man, I'd timeline it all as such:

Late Dec : New album announced to coincide with start of Vegas residency. I'd hedge a bet it's called Enigma

Dec 28th. First date of Enigma residency in Vegas. 

Feb : Rescheduled European dates from 2018 announced for late June & July (with obvious Glastonbury gap) to coincide with the planned break of the Vegas residency

Apr : Announced as headliner, either before or after resale date.

Out of all the options, she still fits best for the Occam's razor principle. Active next year,  gap in her summer schedule that starts 2 weeks before Glastonbury, rescheduled tour dates outstanding, high profile due to ASIB and new album heavily rumoured for next year.

(Possibly Kendrick is in the mix if a new album is out next year)

* - the only other option is a UK act who may be releasing a new album in spring 2018 and planning to tour it in the summer. Given it wouldn't be a recent Glastonbury act, that suggests AM.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Liam Gallagher 7/4. Someone must know something. All hail the anti-beige.

I doubt it, The Strokes are 1/3 or something daft on skybet. If you can pounce at the right time there's money to be made, unless I'm missing something Betway have cocked up big time here. Or the rumours could be wrong I guess, certainly worth a punt in my eyes for the sake of £17

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Liam Gallagher 7/4. Someone must know something. All hail the anti-beige.

That could be potentially it:

Liam Gallagher

The Cure

Macca

Hmm. Two albums and Oasis songs should be enough. He is big enough but it’s the variety problem. 

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I doubt it, The Strokes are 1/3 or something daft on skybet. If you can pounce at the right time there's money to be made, unless I'm missing something Betway have cocked up big time here. Or the rumours could be wrong I guess, certainly worth a punt in my eyes for the sake of £17

Betting back open and Macca still 10/1. Got my bet back in for £8.88 Thanks for the heads up @mufcok

34 minutes ago, mufcok said:

https://sports.betway.com/en/sports/evt/2673736 

McCartney 10/1, The Cure 4/1. Max bet £8.88 per act (or it was for me), I've put £8.50 on each. 

Thanks mate. Managed to get £13.32 on each but unfortunately their odds had dropped to 7/2 and evens respectively. Will take that though.

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

That could be potentially it:

Liam Gallagher

The Cure

Macca

Hmm. Two albums and Oasis songs should be enough. He is big enough but it’s the variety problem. 

Am I alone in thinking that LG headlining Glastonbury with such a thin canon of solo material and thus trading almost entirely on his brother’s songs is just a bit...I dunno...crap?

Oh! I am? Oh. 

As you were. 

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Am I alone in thinking that LG headlining Glastonbury with such a thin canon of solo material and thus trading almost entirely on his brother’s songs is just a bit...I dunno...crap?

Oh! I am? Oh. 

As you were. 

Ben

I'm with you Ben! Anywhere else on the line-up and he's a 'fun' 90 minutes. Bit of Oasis nostalgia and some of his solo stuff. It's not headliner material for me. That's not to say he's not headliner status but subbing someone like Macca would be a good fit.