2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Whats the current likelihood of Kendrick still being announced for that European festival he was expected for. Which therefore would make him more likely for Glastonbury? Whats the current interpretation of the 'damn' forum post from a few weeks back?

(Yes, I'm trying to drag the thread back into the world of relevance)

@Little Andy I told you to keep pumping out those lists.....

they bring order and focus.

well, I for one am all for Mr Lamar... I wouldn’t know him from a kick up the arse but at least I wouldn’t have spend the night at The Pyramid every night which would be my concern if Gaga signs up....

12 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Whats the current likelihood of Kendrick still being announced for that European festival he was expected for. Which therefore would make him more likely for Glastonbury? Whats the current interpretation of the 'damn' forum post from a few weeks back?

Rock Wercther still have two headliner(-ish) slots to fill, but one of them is likely to be a late night dance-y stage closer, and the other will be Editors because they play every other year. 

Not gonna happen. 

3 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

@Little Andy I told you to keep pumping out those lists.....

they bring order and focus.

I stopped cos I was just copying and pasting the exact same list. But, seeing as you ask ...

My thinking of 3rd headliner, in order of likelihood

1. The 1975 : Apparently have been offered to play the festival. But to headline? And instead of Leeds and Reading?

2. Stormzy : Tweeted about Glastonbury, but only has 1 album.

3. Taylor Swift : Some random music promotor guy with no reason to trust him says it's her.

4. Lady Gaga, Mumford & SonsKendrick Lamar : They breath.

16 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

well, I've no idea on Kendrick, but I'm thinking that the lack of real ideas for the 3rd headliner is pointing to it being someone from outside the UK. For UK acts there tends to be something floating around, and there doesn't really seem to be anything.

Just now, eFestivals said:

well, I've no idea on Kendrick, but I'm thinking that the lack of real ideas for the 3rd headliner is pointing to it being someone from outside the UK. For UK acts there tends to be something floating around, and there doesn't really seem to be anything.

So 1975 wouldn't be your vague favourite anymore?

Just now, Little Andy said:

So 1975 wouldn't be your vague favourite anymore?

they're the one possible outsider to what I said, as I have heard something vague from someone who I know to normally be well informed. And yet...

I think if there was really anything to it, that rumour would be going round a lot more than it seems to be, because these things do tend to leak out in one way or another.

So while i'm not ruling it out entirely, I'm not really getting a feeling about it. 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

they're the one possible outsider to what I said, as I have heard something vague from someone who I know to normally be well informed. And yet...

I think if there was really anything to it, that rumour would be going round a lot more than it seems to be, because these things do tend to leak out in one way or another.

So while i'm not ruling it out entirely, I'm not really getting a feeling about it. 

The guy is going to be right and unfortunately Miss Swift is going to be it isn't she.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

You only got indication that they had been offered, rather than signed up, right? Maybe there’s trouble snaring a third name.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You only got indication that they had been offered, rather than signed up, right? Maybe there’s trouble snaring a third name.

I don't think it'd be particularly unusual if all headliners weren't in place at this time of year, and yep, the lack of rumours could be because a deal hasn't yet been done.

But that could apply for any of the possible headliners, not just The 1975 - so that can't really be used as an indicator in any direction.

It is the case, tho, that a lack of rumours does usually mean non-UK. So that's the way I lean at the moment.

Edited by eFestivals

Ok, new  thinking for 3rd headliner, in order of likelihood 

1. Taylor Swift : Some random music promotor guy with no reason to trust him says it's her. And eFestivals guesses it could be a non-UK act.

2. Lady Gaga,  Kendrick Lamar eFestivals guesses it could be a non-UK act.

3. The 1975 : Apparently have been offered to play the festival. But to headline? And instead of Leeds and Reading? And eFestivals guesses it could be a non-UK act.

4. Stormzy : Tweeted about Glastonbury, but only has 1 album. And eFestivals guesses it could be a non-UK act.

1 minute ago, glastolover19 said:

Throwing my hat into the ring, The cure,Macca and Elton. Although I'm really hoping I'm completely wrong and 1 of them turns out to be ac/dc (before anyone starts I know it's a massive long shot but a guy can dream)

You can’t have picked McCartney and Elton as your top two eight months before they get wheeled out on stage... the back-up plan would be trickier that the original.. you would have to give BUPA their own field for starters..

it would be like inviting Prince Phillip to be guest of honour at your retirement party... nice idea, but I’m only 59...

• Upvote 1