2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Someone once pointed out to me that Fast Car is basically Thunder Road from Mary's perspective.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They all centre on leaving a dead end place by some means of transport.

And if Bruce wants that quote on the cover of his next hits collection then he's free to it.

Ah thank you, not a Springsteen fan so clearly went over my head! Though you could argue the earth looks pretty dead end at the moment and heading for Venus not a bad idea, if you don't mind it being a bit warm of course.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah that's what I was getting at, (I actually thought someone else had dressed up as a mime to have a pop at Gazza).

It is getting out of hand.

The thing is, I'm not arguing about it, nor do I find the need to report it. I've done nothing wrong, they are frankly years and all my friends thought it was funny and that's what I'm bothered about 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oh it's you in the picture? I thought someone else had dressed up as you to take the piss...

Now I'm more confused.

You can tell it's me in the picture, nothing to be confused about.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think someone found his Instagram and is posting pictures from it on here. Makes me feel pretty weird anyway.

Been going on for over a year now, various people on here searching my Instagram and Facebook for my pictures and uploading it like some childish stalker....I have made a point about what it has become on here over time. 

And at least one of the people defending it on here has jumped on the wagon in the past so whatever.

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gazza looks quite sweet as a mime. Would def. consider sticking some spare change in his hat. ?

No offence but I wasn't begging.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone else feel pretty uncomfortable about the bullying and targeting of one specific individual on here? Seems to be going a bit over the top now...

Yes

39 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Forum names and avatars should be like football teams. Once you've chosen one, you can change it, no matter how awful they are years later.

Tell me about it

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone else feel pretty uncomfortable about the bullying and targeting of one specific individual on here? Seems to be going a bit over the top now...

I am. Shall we leave @thewayiam alone? You(not you Zoo) may not agree with him about lots of things and you might find it funny when he reacts angrily to your teasing... But come on, surely we're better than this? If you don't like the guy then block him and move on. This is bullying and it's getting pretty shitty.

I know everyone has a different definition of "the Glastonbury spirit" to fit their argument, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't include bullying someone who hangs out in the same forum as you. Can we just be nice people? Please?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Aye, the thought had crossed my mind more than once. Not been on much today so missed most of this until now.

Time to kill this dead now. I'd say we're well into bullying territory. Kudos for pointing it out; I thought it but didn't do it. Lesson there.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I am. Shall we leave @thewayiam alone? You(not you Zoo) may not agree with him about lots of things and you might find it funny when he reacts angrily to your teasing... But come on, surely we're better than this? If you don't like the guy then block him and move on. This is bullying and it's getting pretty shitty.

I know everyone has a different definition of "the Glastonbury spirit" to fit their argument, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't include bullying someone who hangs out in the same forum as you. Can we just be nice people? Please?

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Aye, the thought had crossed my mind more than once. Not been on much today so missed most of this until now.

Time to kill this dead now. I'd say we're well into bullying territory. Kudos for pointing it out; I thought it but didn't do it. Lesson there.

Fairplay for what you are saying....i have said more than once before....it has no affect really for me, but look at from your own point of view?...no-one will ever like everything you say but what I've never done is post pictures to do with people etc etc.

The mime thing didn't bother me but I it's taken that for some of you to realize and by shall we leave someone alone suggests that there was actual intent and satisfaction from something you now recognise as bullying...that in itself is quite bad. I'd rather not block anyone else for being a part but I will if I have to....I don't honestly care.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Fairplay for what you are saying....i have said more than once before....it has no affect really for me, but look at from your own point of view?...no-one will ever like everything you say but what I've never done is post pictures to do with people etc etc.

The mime thing didn't bother me but I it's taken that for some of you to realize and by shall we leave someone alone suggests that there was actual intent and satisfaction from something you now recognise as bullying...that in itself is quite bad. I'd rather not block anyone else for being a part but I will if I have to....I don't honestly care.

You have always come across to me as a really nice person, who has an big interest in festivals. 

I've never met up with in person, but would be happy to meet up for a beer sometime in the future at Leeds, or Glastonbury (if I ever get a ticket again!) and discuss music. 

I'd say that Gazza can give out as good as he gets sometimes and has had his share of warnings, so it's not exactly coming from a random place, if that's what people are suggesting. The personal insults and the dredging of his private life (something he seems to mistakenly believe I have been involved with or supportive of - if he reads this, I am not) is detestable though and instantly kills off anything that might have initially been jovial.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'd say that Gazza can give out as good as he gets sometimes and has had his share of warnings, so it's not exactly coming from a random place, if that's what people are suggesting. The personal insults and the dredging of his private life (something he seems to mistakenly believe I have been involved with or supportive of - if he reads this, I am not) is detestable though and instantly kills off anything that might have initially been jovial.

He certainly does. But mining social media profiles aside, there's been an increasing pile on, with a mob mentality that's just horrible - even if it doesn't bother him so much, it's just nasty behaviour and I'm sure doesn't make newbies feel very welcome.