2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

37 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I'd love a bit of pop punk at Glasto I must admit. Maybe not MCR (are they even pop-punk? You know what I mean..) but someone along those lines. I think Green Day would be superb here.

It's crazy they haven't played at GF. They would be superb.

• Like 1

Gotta be one of the most bizarre betting markets going. Julian and Albert Hammond Jr actively touring in separate acts and people are betting on them to headline Glastonbury with absolutely nothing to suggest they will (as far as I'm aware). Mind boggling

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Gotta be one of the most bizarre betting markets going. Julian and Albert Hammond Jr actively touring in separate acts and people are betting on them to headline Glastonbury with absolutely nothing to suggest they will (as far as I'm aware). Mind boggling

Macca at 8/13 looks good?

Just now, Dom Wall said:

Macca at 8/13 looks good?

It does..

Trying to guess the third headliner is where there's money to be made, as long as it isn't Stormzy. Wide open

Very funny how Fleetwood Mac are still such short odds despite Emily's comments 

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Didnt they mention earlier this year that they would be back in 2019 with a new album? Also the Strokes seem to do quite a bit out of the blue so its not as if we should expect anything in advance of any sort of announcement.

Yeh i'm clutching at straws, and i don't plan on stopping.

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Didnt they mention earlier this year that they would be back in 2019 with a new album? Also the Strokes seem to do quite a bit out of the blue so its not as if we should expect anything in advance of any sort of announcement.

Yeh i'm clutching at straws, and i don't plan on stopping.

Not sure tbh on a new album

I'd absolutely love them to do it but I really can't see it. As much as I like them, I'm not sure they are a Glastonbury headline band anymore

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Not sure tbh on a new album

I'd absolutely love them to do it but I really can't see it. As much as I like them, I'm not sure they are a Glastonbury headline band anymore

They barely ever were headline worthy. They're a brilliant early 00's era defining band - but only on studio records, they are absolute utter garbage live.

1 minute ago, FrancisH said:

They barely ever were headline worthy. They're a brilliant early 00's era defining band - but only on studio records, they are absolute utter garbage live.

I think they'd work well in a big stage surprise set, similar to The Libertines one a few years ago

I remember that we were waiting for Springsteen to come onstage in 09, me not really knowing what I was in for, when the PA started playing ‘Living on a Prayer’ and much of the audience around me started bellowing along. It gave me a tremendous sense of foreboding.

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

I remember that we were waiting for Springsteen to come onstage in 09, me not really knowing what I was in for, when the PA started playing ‘Living on a Prayer’ and much of the audience around me started bellowing along. It gave me a tremendous sense of foreboding.

You probably just happened to be in amongst a contingent of the National Union of Dock Labourers.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Parklife!

• Upvote 2

At 66-1 had a little punt on Britney. Will pay for my ticket if the miracle happens. Toured last year and new Vegas residency. I see she has June free too. I always thought she would reach the echelons of Madonna, Whitney etc. but it all went somewhat pear shaped. 

A greatest hits set though is not to be sneezed at.

8 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

At 66-1 had a little punt on Britney. Will pay for my ticket if the miracle happens. Toured last year and new Vegas residency. I see she has June free too. I always thought she would reach the echelons of Madonna, Whitney etc. but it all went somewhat pear shaped. 

A greatest hits set though is not to be sneezed at.

Mimes though, so no chance.

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

They have played as 3 separate acts on the same bill before.