2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

23 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Yes yes and yes would be a dream but won't happen . 

I'd settle for David Byrne 

Tina and Chris played in 2013 and loved it, so they'll recommend it to Byrne if there's a chance, but Davey's not for reformin', having far too much fun on his own isn't he!

58 minutes ago, battleborn said:

We need a stringent definition of "at least 1 song" here to avoid argument are you happy with:

• From the first note of the song being played until the last note of the song being played or longer. or for the length of one of the songs being played if he turns up to play across one or more songs (i.e comes on half way through Come Together and then sings Devil Woman and the total time is the length of Devil Woman/Come Together that counts).
  • Let's wait until Paul McCartney is officially confirmed before activating this. Agreed? If for some reason he's not one of the three headliners neither of us lose any money. 

I would have thought that if Ringo turns up, sits down at the drums and hits one then you should get the money.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Well, Cure fans with Glasto tickets might not bother buying them for the Glasgow show if they're announced for G. They might want to hold off on the G announcement for as long as possible.

Well, I probably wouldn't have bought tickets this morning if I was assured they'd be at G so that strategy is working.

The last time I had tickets for The Cure was 1996 and they cancelled the gig twice. Belt and braces this time round.

1 hour ago, battleborn said:

Ringo sings as well, he feasibly could sing and not play the drums. I was trying to give Woffy a chance in hell though. No way does McCartney play Glasto and not get Ringo along at this point in his career.

Can we all get in on this bet?

9 hours ago, battleborn said:

Ringo sings as well, he feasibly could sing and not play the drums. I was trying to give Woffy a chance in hell though. No way does McCartney play Glasto and not get Ringo along at this point in his career.

He didn’t last time and it wasn’t that long ago.

39 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Id love too see Byrne at glasto next year, are the chances really slim??

I think there's a more-than decent chance he'll appear at one or more UK festivals - but whether that'd be Glasto I'm not sure.

When he's gone out on tour for the last 2 decades the tours have lasted around 18 months, and have included more than one trip to various countries. So I reckon there's a good chance he'll tour though some of next summer's festival season.

Edited by eFestivals

12 hours ago, battleborn said:

Given they've only played live together 7 times since 1993, I wouldn't hold your breath. Even those have been fundraising events, Harrison concert, Ringo's birthday, Ringo's HoF and lifetime Grammy events.