2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

40 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It’s just a guess, but I think so long has gone by without them announcing anything, they’ll want to put themselves back on the map.

New map. That's what we need.

Oooohhhh. Pouring over the details, the fence has moved, they've been calling Paines the wrong thing for years, Arcadia has rotated 7 degrees, is that a new bar, is The Other bigger etc. etc. etc. 

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

New map. That's what we need.

Oooohhhh. Pouring over the details, the fence has moved, they've been calling Paines the wrong thing for years, Arcadia has rotated 7 degrees, is that a new bar, is The Other bigger etc. etc. etc. 

Yes please. Love me a map.

I'd be surprised if we don't get anything before Christmas. I think we will get one headliner announcement to drum up some extra excitement. I doubt it'll be The Cure as they have tickets to sell, so it'll either be Macca or whoever the 3rd headliner is.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd be surprised if we don't get anything before Christmas. I think we will get one headliner announcement to drum up some extra excitement. I doubt it'll be The Cure as they have tickets to sell, so it'll either be Macca or whoever the 3rd headliner is.

Wouldn't a sold out Glastonbury slot help sales for the Cure?

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

There's only ever been 4 headliners and 1 legends slot act announced before February.

52 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Wouldn't a sold out Glastonbury slot help sales for the Cure?

Well, Cure fans with Glasto tickets might not bother buying them for the Glasgow show if they're announced for G. They might want to hold off on the G announcement for as long as possible.

2 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

I feel the appeal of Paul McCartney by the yoof might be overestimated on these boards too. 

But Glasto is a festival that tends to attract an older crowd anyway. Not saying the yoof don't go, but it's more skewed towards older people than Reading.

And he's a Beatle!

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

But Glasto is a festival that tends to attract an older crowd anyway. Not saying the yoof don't go, but it's more skewed towards older people than Reading.

And he's a Beatle!

:D

That guys get his awesome. Knows his Bert and Ernie but no idea about the Beatles :lol:

Edited by slash's hat

4 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

But the oldies will complain about value for money seriously going downhill. "When I was younger we got half The Who, only get a quarter of The Beatles for your money these days!" (Shakes stick)

Has something happened to Ringo?